Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2015 10:42:18 PM EDT
I have fairly small hands. It's difficult for me place the pad of my index finger evenly over the trigger. This sometimes prevents me from applying pressure to the center of the trigger for a press directly to the rear. In other words, I sometimes find myself pressing the trigger pressing the trigger to my 7 o'clock as opposed to 6 o'clock. Make sense?

Does anyone know if HK offers any type of short trigger reach?

NOTE: My problem is not that I can't reach the trigger. I can do that just fine. My problem is that I wish it would break further back. I'm basically forced to "push" the trigger as opposed to pressing the trigger.

Thanks for the comments.
Link Posted: 5/14/2015 10:25:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Not sure I understand your problem without seeing your actual firing grip? You say you have  small hands but have no problem reaching the trigger.   What difference would a short reach trigger make then? Also what benefit would trigger breaking further to the rear have? The vp9 has 3 backstraps small medium large also side grip pannels.. I have small hands also, but with medium side and small backstrap I have no problem easily manipulating trigger.  Try practicing using only trigger finger hinging from second knuckle only.
trigger control
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have fairly small hands. It's difficult for me place the pad of my index finger evenly over the trigger. This sometimes prevents me from applying pressure to the center of the trigger for a press directly to the rear. In other words, I sometimes find myself pressing the trigger pressing the trigger to my 7 o'clock as opposed to 6 o'clock. Make sense?

Does anyone know if HK offers any type of short trigger reach?

NOTE: My problem is not that I can't reach the trigger. I can do that just fine. My problem is that I wish it would break further back. I'm basically forced to "push" the trigger as opposed to pressing the trigger.

Thanks for the comments.
View Quote

Have you installed the small back strap and small side panels? My wife has really small hands and has zero issues operating my VP9 with the small back strap and side panels installed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Basically, I'm repeating what the last two people asked.

My wife has really small hands. (To get her finger on a Glock trigger, a G19 recoils through her second thumb knuckle.) The VP9 with small inserts works fine for her, and still fits me. And I can approximate her hand size by using the middle pad of my index finger.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top