Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2015 10:26:42 PM EDT
i am going in the Morning to look at a HK VP9 that a Individual has for sale locally, it has factory night sights and includes the case paperwork and 2 Mags.
I have read some good reviews about it and Larry Vickers tested one and ended up owning it he liked it so well. How well do y'all like Yours? How is the Trigger? I searched about 6-7 pages on google and nobody has Mags for it in stock The magazines are a little pricey too as are My HK USP 45 12 round mags. I did score 2 like new 12 round mags for the USP here on the equipment exchange for 75.00 shipped. The next best price is CDNN at 47.99 each.

I think Mecgar  needs to get with the program and start making Mags for HK Pistols! as a aftermarket Mag anyway. The Mecgar Mags I have for My Sigs and Beretta are some fine magazines and function perfectly. I would run them in a HK
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 11:36:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Mags are hard to get.  There are lots of reviews here already if you search. Good luck.  I'd love to get one.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:51:50 AM EDT
[#2]
I want to handle and fire one before I potentially buy
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If it has factory night sights it should have 3 mags. The box will have LE in the model number. If it only has two, it's either the luminescent (need to shine a light on them to charge them) or he's holding g back a mag.

As for reviews, you clearly haven't asked google. They're everywhere.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 8:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it has factory night sights it should have 3 mags. The box will have LE in the model number. If it only has two, it's either the luminescent (need to shine a light on them to charge them) or he's holding g back a mag.

As for reviews, you clearly haven't asked google. They're everywhere.
View Quote

I have read reviews including Larry Vickers reviews He has done which included several of His classes, but He has gone back to a 1911 after BCM which is who He is now Sponsered by has built a 1911 as a BCM/Wilson Combat partnership.

I think the Guy is LE so He may be trying to hold back a Mag I will ask about it We are meeting this morning. I will verify the Night Sights or Luminus, the Night Sights should be marked as such on the sight itself. I appreciate all the info and am glad You posted about the 3 Mags and the Night Sights. Otherwise I may not have known that it should have 3 Mags with the Night Sights, which will also make a difference in the Value! He is asking 600.00 for it like new in the box with all paperwork and 2 Mags and a Serpa Holster which doesn't impress Me lol I like Bladetech Holsters.

Thank You
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You don't have to be LE to buy the LE version (just to be clear).

Right now, PSA has the stock VP9 for $550:  http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/catalog/product/view/id/20171/s/hk-pistol-vp9-9mm-w-2-15rd-mags-m700009-a5/

When I bought my LE, I paid $640. I figure the mag is $35-40 and the night sights can easily run $100. If he's selling the LE and has 3 mags, and it's really LNIB, $600 seems like a pretty good price. If it's not the LE, tell him you can buy a new one for $550 and offer him $500.

Don't let him up the price for the holster unless it's exactly what you want. Tell him to sell it separately if he wants some money back out of it. He won't get much.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:43:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I Made the deal, it is the model with the luminescent sights and 2 Mags. I pointed out that Palmetto State has thm for 550.00 and free s/h I was able to make a deal at 500.00 with the blackhawk serpa thrown in.
As ugly as they look in pictures they do look better in person and the grip oh man it has to be felt to believe! It came with all the different grip panels and rear inserts. I haven't had a chance to swap them around yest, but it fees darn good as is. Better than any GLOCK I have owned Gen 2&3 17&19&21
The trigger pull is pretty sweet as is but the reset is a little mushy, I guess We will have to wait and see if Apex or Someone else comes up with a reset improvement.

GLOCK has the best reset and the Taran Tactical trigger kit in My Sons G17 is Awesome with a terrific reset, next is My new M&P Pro I worked on the sear and got the trigger pull how I want it, but it still lacks a good strong reset I have a apex ram on the way for it.  

I can't wait until I get some time to go shoot the VP and My OD Green USP in 45 both My Son and I have had USP's in 9mm which is what I was looking for when I saw this VP9 come up for sale. I will work on getting some pictures later and post them. Thanks for Everyone's input and advice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 12:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you made a pretty good deal. Congrats!
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:52:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ran mine close to 900 rounds in a 3 day TDI handgun course. No issues. No cleaning between....just threw some lube on it. Two other guys had them also with no issues.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 1:11:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm really thinking about getting one of these. The increased height of the bore over most guns has me a little worried.

You guys who have actually shot it. Is it noticeable? Has anybody ever noted whether their speed-steel times have been affected by the VP9?
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 8:37:47 AM EDT
[#10]
FFS, you're going to start a bore axis bit?  Stop.  Just stop.

As for shooting at speed, the VP9 (for me) tends to yaw under recoil.  That has impacted my ability to shoot it at speed.  I don't get a predictable muzzle rise and fall, so I have to search for the sights for a split second.  I'm getting better, but I'm nowhere near as fast as with my SIGs.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:01:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
FFS, you're going to start a bore axis bit?  Stop.  Just stop.

As for shooting at speed, the VP9 (for me) tends to yaw under recoil.  That has impacted my ability to shoot it at speed.  I don't get a predictable muzzle rise and fall, so I have to search for the sights for a split second.  I'm getting better, but I'm nowhere near as fast as with my SIGs.
View Quote

Ok, settle down...I do not read the HK forum very often so I was not aware this seems to be a hot button. I only ask because I have heard it mentioned on some online reviews.

I have never heard of a gun having a "yawing" problem with recoil. Either something IS messed up or you have an issue with how you  are gripping your gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Best 9mm currently available by any company IMO.

You'll love that pistol.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 5:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
I don't think the higher profile slide and bore will bother Me to much, I use to have a HK USP9mm and currently have a USP in 45 and have owned and shot Sigs for 25 years. Sigs have a fairly tall slide and high bore axis too. I don't know I guess if all You have owned and shot for Years were GLOCKS You might find a issue with it. But like anything else You get use to it after shooting it with some trigger time.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top