Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/2/2015 7:40:55 PM EDT
My p2000 in 40 hits on the mark at 25 yds. Not with me shooting of course but with a certified handgun instructor who I happened to be shooting with the other day.

I noticed my front sight has lost its luminate piece so I'm thinking maybe I could replace the whole sight with a 15-20 sight?
Maybe I need to go to hkpro? Maybe I need new glasses?

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 2:29:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Than answer is big dot sights.
Link Posted: 5/3/2015 11:14:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My p2000 in 40 hits on the mark at 25 yds. Not with me shooting of course but with a certified handgun instructor who I happened to be shooting with the other day.

I noticed my front sight has lost its luminate piece so I'm thinking maybe I could replace the whole sight with a 15-20 sight?
Maybe I need to go to hkpro? Maybe I need new glasses?

Thanks
View Quote

Sorry, what exactly are you asking?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 7:05:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I was asking if anyone knew of some replacement sights for my pistol that weren't set for POI at 25 yards.
I checked some other forums and came up with big dots.
I just wanted to post the info for others.

There are thee pages of chatter about this on hkpro.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:52:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm assuming you're having an issue with elevation. Well I can't say I know how HK sights work, but with SIG they offer different heights.

The problem you will probably have is I might guess the difference between 15 and 25 yards for a .40 might be 1/2". Changing the height of sights would likely change point of impact at 25 yards by 1" or 2" at a time (as they do with SIG).

If you're really trying to get dead on, your solution might be to file down your sights. If you file your front sight, you'll have to tilt the pistol up to align them, so you POI will raise. Conversely, filing the rear sights will have you tilt down and lower POI.
Link Posted: 5/8/2015 7:38:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys.
I found my answer on GT(iirc)where a poster had the same issues as I do(old tired eyes)and big dots took care of his issues, mainly shooting closer in.
I know big dots are not target sights but I have them on a g19 and love them.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top