Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/11/2015 10:02:36 PM EDT
Guys,

I just finished a six day training class that featured the HK USP 40 Compact.

Anyone else out there shooting this pistol?

Likes? Dislikes?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#1]

I have one and it is one of my guns that are kept loaded at the house.  I have the LEM version and it is a very easy gun to shoot fast (relative, as I am not that fast).
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#2]
I do. I really like the mag release and being able to swipe it with my strong hand middle finger.

Don't like the high mag cost. It also shoots low compared to my Glocks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have one and it is one of my guns that are kept loaded at the house.  I have the LEM version and it is a very easy gun to shoot fast (relative, as I am not that fast).
View Quote

Yeah, mine is the LEM as well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I do. I really like the mag release and being able to swipe it with my strong hand middle finger.

View Quote

I'm glad you wrote that.

My point of impact was low all week. (Till last week, I had been shooting Glocks exclusively)
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Loved mine, some fuck stick stole her and the 357sig barrel I had for her as well.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:48:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'm glad you wrote that.

My point of impact was low all week. (Till last week, I had been shooting Glocks exclusively)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad you wrote that.

HKs are designed with a cover hold instead of the "pumpkin on the fencepost"

This is true of all Hk pistols
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm glad you wrote that.

Didn't know.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#8]
USP Compact 40 was my first HK. V1. Never had a malfunction with it. It's an awesome pistol.

Today I really only use it for my hiking pistol because I moved to P2000/P2000SK for regular carry due to being more streamlined. But anytime I'm outdoors it's on my hip.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 12:37:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Didn't know.

Thanks!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm glad you wrote that.

Didn't know.

Thanks!
no problem!

Link Posted: 4/12/2015 1:35:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I CC mine on a daily basis.  I have the HK stamped light for it, but tired of not being able to find the LED conversion for it.  I might end up selling/trading mine.
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 3:28:07 PM EDT
[#11]

I have a Streamlight TLR-4 on my USPc.  They sell one with the required adapter and it works great.

One stocking dealer
Link Posted: 4/12/2015 4:54:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I have a Streamlight TLR-4 on my USPc.  They sell one with the required adapter and it works great.

One stocking dealer
View Quote

Sorry, should have said I'm thinking about selling/trading my USPc 40.
Link Posted: 4/13/2015 7:44:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Yep.  Started shooting it 8-9 years ago.  Eventually shot IDPA with it for a couple years.  

Great pistol.  It's in my nightstand with TLR1 slung underneath.
Link Posted: 4/17/2015 7:45:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I CC mine on a daily basis.  I have the HK stamped light for it, but tired of not being able to find the LED conversion for it.  I might end up selling/trading mine.
View Quote

What holste you running for CC?
Link Posted: 4/23/2015 5:39:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's custom due to the light.
Link Posted: 4/25/2015 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/2/2015 9:19:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Have one and it's an occaisional carry pistol.

I like the ergos and mag release.

Don't like the weight, and I'm transitioning away from .40 to 9mm.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 10:06:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Love mine.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:36:15 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm seriously considering trying to sell mine in order to fund a model w a threaded barrel... I'm not sure though as it's accurate as all get out and it shoots very nicely. That or just pony up a little more to get a threaded barrel and recoil assembly for a full size USP 45. Any idea on a value from the guys in this thread?
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 8:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Have one and it's an occaisional carry pistol.

I like the ergos and mag release.

Don't like the weight, and I'm transitioning away from .40 to 9mm.

http://i.imgur.com/8Zqs2u1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dzXFuBQ.jpg
View Quote

Off topic, but did you take those pics?  Details on setup, lighting, camera and lens?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm seriously considering trying to sell mine in order to fund a model w a threaded barrel... I'm not sure though as it's accurate as all get out and it shoots very nicely. That or just pony up a little more to get a threaded barrel and recoil assembly for a full size USP 45. Any idea on a value from the guys in this thread?
View Quote

Value depends on condition, number of mags, whether you have the manual/box/fired case/etc.

Could be anywhere between $600 and $450.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:03:05 PM EDT
[#22]
I really liked mine. It was actually my first HK and what made me fall in love with them. It was incredibly accurate and a dream to shoot.

Only reason I sold it was because it was a .40 cal and the HK rebate was going on... Decided to switch over to a 9mm P30. Have a VP9 on the way.

Would love to have a USP 9mm one day, even though the stupid rail pisses me off, it's a fantastic firearm that I would trust my life with.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Yep I sold mine with 4 mags, a SERPA, and 20rds of Critical Defense for $675 locally. Could have asked a little more and probably got it; but I still have 4 additional mags to get rid of now b/c the dude didn't need all 8.... He'll learn someday I gues ;)
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 8:49:36 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Yep I sold mine with 4 mags, a SERPA, and 20rds of Critical Defense for $675 locally. Could have asked a little more and probably got it; but I still have 4 additional mags to get rid of now b/c the dude didn't need all 8.... He'll learn someday I gues ;)
View Quote

It helps to live in an area with higher median wages.  Around here wages are relatively low.  Most folks can't afford a $600 used pistol when the leo glocks are $400 or less with new sigmas in the $350 range.

On the positive side, when the rare usp does show up in the used case, they can usually be had pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 6/17/2015 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Its a great gun and it shoots softer then my G22.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 12:40:55 PM EDT
[#26]
At the time I had it, it was great. Accurate and reliable. I sold it to purchase another Glock but I do wish that I kept it.
Link Posted: 6/18/2015 9:24:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I have one the LEM model that I carried for awhile.  Found it to be easy to carry and conceal, fairly accurate and I liked the trigger.  I still find myself taking it to the range fairly regularly.  

Only downside that I have found is the the magazines are fairly expensive.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:35:54 PM EDT
[#28]
My main carry gun and my only .40cal. This one is KH 1996 and has a sweet trigger, better than any glock. I always hit dead center with this gun. I have always carried .45acp or .357mag in the past. My other carry gun right now is a S&W 686 snub. I also have a USP .45acp Compact for carry.

I have found the little .40cal to bridge the gap for me nicely. It's much smaller in size than the .45acp compact and also holds 12 rounds as opposed to 8.

The .40cal has a lot of power. The recoil is very snappy, but I still prefer it over a 9mm compact which only has 1 more round. I could load a 9mm USP with +p, but I still like the heavier round.

Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:51:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I had several 9MM in other firearms so the USP Compact 40 was my choice.  I also decided due to the first USP  was in 40 which did excellent in testing so the compact must be great also.
Link Posted: 7/15/2015 2:19:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I had 5,000 flawless rounds through mine before I sold it. Only sold it to fund a P30 40 V1. Looking back I should've kept it and installed the LEM trigger in it.... and bought the P30 anyway.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:32:07 PM EDT
[#31]
I have had mine since 1998 and was my first HK.  Been thinking about selling and going with 9mm.......maybe the p30sk?

*****Recently got my hands on a p30sk and was not loving how it felt in hand.  Thinking I will keep the 40......
Link Posted: 9/28/2015 11:28:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Had put on Trijicon HD sights and did not like them.  The gun was shooting low from 2 to 4 inches so I took them off and put them side to side with factory sights and the HD's were much taller.  I ended up buying Tru Dot Mepro and the results were much better at 15 amd 20 yards.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top