Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 3/13/2015 3:00:10 PM EDT
I have too many toys. Boats, guns, electronics etc. I currently only own one pistol though, an HK45C. I had a M&P9 Shield for a while. I also had the VP9 for a bit but the one gun I've always kept is the 45C. Something about the round, I don't know, I just love the .45ACP.

So what I did for a while was I kept the 45C for when I wore jackets etc and pocket carried the Shield when I couldn't conceal the 45C well. I then ended up selling the Shield to fund some parts on an AR build and later replaced it with the VP9. I was looking for a P30 but the VP9 was cheaper so I went that route. I then ran into some cash flow issues and as the 45C has always been my favorite, I sold the VP9 before even getting a chance to fire it. I've fired VP9's though, nice guns.

So here is my conundrum. I sorta feel a little under powered with the 45C being my only pistol. What I mean is from a self defense stand point, I only have 2 magazines, one 8 and one 10 round magazines and I rarely carry the second 10 rounder.

I'm almost feeling like the P30 or VP9 might better suit my needs being 15 rounds.

I've been eye balling another one of the two but I'm ass deep in a couple other projects, refinishing my boat and I just had to get all new rear wheel bearings for my SUV. I really don't have the spare cash for another HK pistol

However, I've gotten a couple offers of trades. Another VP9 LE plus $300 cash for my HK45C with my holster, which was another $115, or a P30 with a Raven Concealment even up.

What to do, what to do!
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I would wait it out.  Start saving some cash, finish your projects, then buy another one you like.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 3:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would wait it out.  Start saving some cash, finish your projects, then buy another one you like.
View Quote

This!    
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 4:03:31 PM EDT
[#3]

This sounds familiar....

I would not sell the 45c. If you do you may regret it and lose more money trying to get another one.

I know the mags are pricey, but get another one or two, until you can afford to add the VP9 or P30.

FYI in the future sell anything besides your guns to make ends meet.. Blood ,sperm. whatever it takes lol
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sell the boat.

Hard choices have to be made.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#5]
8 + 1 of .45 auto is solid for self defense IMO. An 8 round mag with the flat floor plate should conceal pretty easy as a backup. Not a fan of the 10 round elephant's foot mag. Love my 45C, it would be my last handgun I would sell.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 10:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Sigh.... Yeah that was what I was already thinking. I've actually seen several P30's in 9mm come and go locally on forums for $600~700.00 dollars as people seem to want VP9's so I might keep an eye out for used one again. I don't see as many HK45C's come up used for some reason.

I did add the flat base plate to my one 8 rounder BTW. HUGE improvement carrying it.

I also modified the 10 rounder to be more like the ones pictured on HK USA which also made it way more comfortable.

Link Posted: 3/14/2015 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Sigh.... Yeah that was what I was already thinking. I've actually seen several P30's in 9mm come and go locally on forums for $600~700.00 dollars as people seem to want VP9's so I might keep an eye out for used one again. I don't see as many HK45C's come up used for some reason.

I did add the flat base plate to my one 8 rounder BTW. HUGE improvement carrying it.

I also modified the 10 rounder to be more like the ones pictured on HK USA which also made it way more comfortable.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/HK45C/20140929_213829_zps72db38f1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/HK45C/20140805_005629_zpse02cdd92.jpg
View Quote

Threaded barrel Is that standard on the 45c?

BTW the holster I have for the P30 (comp-tac minotaur) is also the same one used for the 45c.

I don"t know if this is true for all 45c holsters, but might save you some money in not having to buy another holster.

Hoping this holster may work with the VP9 as well

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 3:18:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks great with the extended barrel and flat floor plate.

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:36:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sorta feel a little under powered with the 45C being my only pistol.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2015 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep the 45acp, you're not under-powered at all. 9mm is less powerful, i mean sure you get more bullets, but if you don't miss it's not a big deal. Just make sure your shots count ;)
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 6:51:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep.

They will be there when you're ready.

Why get rid of something you know, like and trust?
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Keep the boat, you'll need it for the boating accident.

The 45C is a solid pistol; keep that as well.

I know this post helped a lot...

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 9:48:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Sell the boat.

Hard choices have to be made.
View Quote

2 happiest days of a boat owner's life - they day he buys it, and the day he sells it! Make that day tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

BTW the holster I have for the P30 (comp-tac minotaur) is also the same one used for the 45c.

I don"t know if this is true for all 45c holsters, but might save you some money in not having to buy another holster.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/HK45C/20140929_213829_zps72db38f1.jpg

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj3/roadblockxl/HK45C/20140805_005629_zpse02cdd92.jpg

My 45C fits in one of my old P30 holsters but my 45C doesn't come close to fitting in a VP9 holster. Nor did a VP9 fit my 45C holster.

It's a standard V1 German HK45C with a German made factory HK threaded barrel. They never offered the German made pistols in a HK45CT package, all of those were U.S. made. I wanted a HK45CT but I was planning to do 10-8 tactical sights so it made more sense to just buy a threaded barrel. I knew I also would never use my standard barrel again so I sold it. I got $200 for it, the threaded one was $289, so basically I upgraded for $90 dollars.

Yeah I kept the gun. I'd like a P30 but from a cost stand point, from a upgrades stand point and the fact Magpul has GLOCK 17 mags coming, I'm looking at just picking up a used GLOCK 17 Gen 3 at some point.

Link Posted: 3/22/2015 11:10:37 PM EDT
[#15]
You can always replace your HK45C with a $3000 1911.

HK45 Interview with Ken Hackathorn and Larry Vickers
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top