Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/20/2015 3:41:38 PM EDT
I've been looking and I'm having a hard time deciding on which way to go. I'd like to get into IDPA which is steering me towards the Dawson fiber optic sights with the .100 width front blade but I'd also like something that would be effective at night for defensive sights. Looking at the Trijicon HD's it seems like the front sight is just too wide for accuracy and speed and farther distance or with smaller targets. The Dawson night sights seem like they might be a decent option with a .125 front, I just wish something like the TruGlo TFO's existed for the HK's.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 7:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I spoke with truglo at shot show, the rep believed that the tfx was very likely to be offered for the vp9/p30, unfortunately, he could not say when.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:04:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I spoke with truglo at shot show, the rep believed that the tfx was very likely to be offered for the vp9/p30, unfortunately, he could not say when.
View Quote

Are those going to be much different from those offered on the LE model?
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're Meprolight sights so yes. The TFX have tritium embedded in fiber optic.
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 8:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.heinie.com/3950l-heinie-ez-lock-hk-45-45c-p30-vp9-ledge-qwik-straight-eight-night-sight-set/
have these on my vp9.  .125 front  and a.156 wide rear notch they are very quick to pick up and still accurate enough to get quality hits out to 50yds.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 8:29:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
http://www.heinie.com/3950l-heinie-ez-lock-hk-45-45c-p30-vp9-ledge-qwik-straight-eight-night-sight-set/
have these on my vp9.  .125 front  and a.156 wide rear notch they are very quick to pick up and still accurate enough to get quality hits out to 50yds.
View Quote

I'd still like a higher visibility front sight. So far the Dawson night sight still seems to be the best.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'd still like a higher visibility front sight. So far the Dawson night sight still seems to be the best.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn't think dawson made night sights, just fiber optics. Fiber optics are very different than night sights, to be honest, I find fiber optics no better than standard blade and notch sights in anything approaching low light.
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I didn't think dawson made night sights, just fiber optics. Fiber optics are very different than night sights, to be honest, I find fiber optics no better than standard blade and notch sights in anything approaching low light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They do, they're just not sold as a set.

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001B24-1409341295

http://www.dawsonprecision.com/ProductDetail.jsp?LISTID=80001B1E-1409341122
Link Posted: 2/26/2015 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Hopefully with the popularity of the vp9 other manufacturers will start offering more versions. I contacted ameriglo last fall wanting to get there  I dot for my vp9, I have them on 4 of my Glocks and like them especially for the cost $69. They stated they didn't feel there was a big enough demand/market.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:52:13 AM EDT
[#9]
I think I may have found a winner though I'd like to find out what the width of the front sight is when they are released.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30-HK45-45C-VP9-Tactical-NS-Set-Adjustable-p16966.htm
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 9:16:24 AM EDT
[#10]
The Mepro Tru Dot tritium sights that come on the LE edition of the VP9 are excellent night sights.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 8:41:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Mepro Tru Dot tritium sights that come on the LE edition of the VP9 are excellent night sights.
View Quote

Yeah, I think they're great.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#12]
I went with Dawson. Then sent the parts and gun to HK customer service for them to install.

I have Dawson f/o sights on 3 pistols I use for match shooting. Love them.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 8:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Go Dawson. They work awesome and will be just fine for both uses.
Link Posted: 3/22/2015 5:46:18 PM EDT
[#14]
I have meprolight tru-dots on my P30LS. They're great. Also had them on the USPc I sold off in order to help fund the P30 purchase.
Link Posted: 3/23/2015 8:42:55 AM EDT
[#15]
I got the Tijicon HD night sights for my VP9... Love it!

I don't remember where I got them, but here is a link:

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/Trijicon-HD-Night-Sight-Set-VP9-P30-HK45C-Yellow-p14558.htm
Link Posted: 7/17/2015 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Whats the height on the heine front sight?
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 8:46:18 PM EDT
[#17]
TRUGLO is now shipping TFX sights for P30's and VP9's. I have a set on my desk, four actually, that were sent to me buy the owner of TRUGLO from the first shipment that arrived at HQ.
Link Posted: 7/25/2015 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
TRUGLO is now shipping TFX sights for P30's and VP9's. I have a set on my desk, four actually, that were sent to me buy the owner of TRUGLO from the first shipment that arrived at HQ.
View Quote

Ooh, thanks for posting this.
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 9:50:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Does anyone have any idea where the TFXs are? I can only find them in stock at Truglo's site, for $172
Link Posted: 8/7/2015 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Are these different then the TruGlo models originally shipped with the LE VP9 models?
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 7:46:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are these different then the TruGlo models originally shipped with the LE VP9 models?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeh, the TFX's are a combo of tritium AND fiber optic.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Does anyone have any idea where the TFXs are? I can only find them in stock at Truglo's site, for $172
View Quote

I've seen them on egay for $119.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 10:24:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK LE models ship with Meprolights.
Link Posted: 8/8/2015 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't trust eBay all that much. Bud's showed in stock so I ordered from there.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top