Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2015 12:04:11 AM EDT
I'm looking into buying a kydex holster, but I'm wondering if the edge of it (or the sweat guard) could make it inside the the large trigger guard. Am I being overly cautious?
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 12:37:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm looking into buying a kydex holster, but I'm wondering if the edge of it (or the sweat guard) could make it inside the the large trigger guard. Am I being overly cautious?
View Quote

YES.
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:20:17 AM EDT
[#2]
with a properly made holster, this should be a non issue.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 3:18:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I recently started making some Kydex holsters as something to do during this miserable winter we are having. I have a VP9 and S&W Shield in 9mm so those are the two guns I have been playing with initially. The holsters I have made for my VP9 don't seem to have any issues at all trigger wise. That would be the least of my concerns. What I have been fighting is the retention and the amount of retention that I get when molding the holsters. I just received my bluegun molding gun this past weekend and I was able to prep that out nicely with proper blocking and such that retention seems to be no longer an issue. I had been using my real guns to do the molding and taping them up which is  real PIA because then you have to remove all of the tape to test fit the gun etc. here is a few pics of my most recent taco holster for my VP9.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I recently started making some Kydex holsters as something to do during this miserable winter we are having. I have a VP9 and S&W Shield in 9mm so those are the two guns I have been playing with initially. The holsters I have made for my VP9 don't seem to have any issues at all trigger wise. That would be the least of my concerns. What I have been fighting is the retention and the amount of retention that I get when molding the holsters. I just received my bluegun molding gun this past weekend and I was able to prep that out nicely with proper blocking and such that retention seems to be no longer an issue. I had been using my real guns to do the molding and taping them up which is  real PIA because then you have to remove all of the tape to test fit the gun etc. here is a few pics of my most recent taco holster for my VP9.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8601/15985223404_fb0a449061_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8616/16607260035_9428b931ce_b.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8647/16606637382_89514e3d26_b.jpg
View Quote

Nice screen name and first post.

Your holsters looks really good.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top