Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 2/18/2015 2:49:32 PM EDT
I've had my P30 for a few years now.  I bought it shortly after they became available.  I also have a P2000SK, and just recently bought the VP9.  The VP9 has become the night stand gun for me, and the P30 goes back in the safe.  I've thought about making the P30 my winter carry gun, or just keeping it as a backup to the VP9.  I've also thought about selling or trading it off to help fund something else.  I've kind of wanted a HK45 for the night stand gun, or to go towards the precision rifle I am working on right now, or maybe an Enfield or Garand.  I've also considered just trading it for another VP9, to have an identical backup--which is probably silly.

I still like the P30, as I don't really notice a huge difference between the two other than trigger.  They feel about the same shooting, but I think the P30 is maybe a tiny bit nicer (they are more expensive).
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 8:53:43 PM EDT
[#1]
If you still like it, and don't need the funds, keep it.

I have guns I like, guns I love. But I don't sell many.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 10:03:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/19/2015 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't need the money, it would just speed up other projects.  I guess I will keep it for a while.  I have a couple other handguns that don't really serve any purpose than range toy, but I don't have any intention of getting rid of them.  It's just the P30 and VP9 are so close to each other, but still don't necessarily share holsters and such.
Link Posted: 2/20/2015 4:42:12 PM EDT
[#4]
The one advantage of keeping both, is the magazine interchangeability.
That said, they have totally different trigger systems, and it seems like prices of used P30 models, seem to be going down a bit right now, as more people are gravitating toward the cheaper, striker fired VP9, so
trade in value, right now, may not be as high as a year ago.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top