Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 2/11/2015 10:15:30 PM EDT
I'm just curious about the impact the VP9 has had for H&K. I mean is it going to do for HK what the M&P handgun line has done for Smith?
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Made everyone realize how much H&K underestimated the success.  Just try to find any spare mags and you know what I mean.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:41:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I was pretty much the exact target market of the VP9. I was in the market for a polymer handgun for home/self defense in the sub $600 range...probably striker fired though all of my experience was with hammer fired guns. I was seriously considering the Glock 19/17, Smith and Wesson M&P 9, and the Walther PPQ. I knew of HKs reputation and read up on the HK45, USPs and especially P30s previously but never could justify one with my current financial constraints.

The VP9 put a HK into the realm of possibility for me. When I read the reviews and actually held it in my hands, that was it. Once I shot it I knew I made the right choice. I'm not 100% sure what I would've gotten if the VP9 wasn't available. I was leaning towards the PPQ but Glock has some advantages that are still pretty hard to ignore (aftermarket/accessories, simplicity in manual of arms, and track record). The VP9 wasn't even on my radar until I saw people comparing it to the PPQ. The VP9 got me to buy an HK when I never had seriously considered it before. I'd say thats a win for HK. And I'm sure ther are a lot of others like me.

Link Posted: 2/11/2015 10:45:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It made them reasonably attainable price wise
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Made me buy my first after having never considered the brand (shipping to my FFL today yay). Started off a Glock guy and had looked at and fondled M&Ps and strongly considered a PPQ but as a very picky, frugal buyer I kept saying no because I had a platform I was familiar with. After purchase price, shipping and even the FFL fee I'll be at just under $700 for an H&K that everyone is raving about and that felt awesome in my hand. I had to slap myself and just pull out the credit card.

The mag issue can be slightly annoying which is why I jumped on the LE Version. I'll run two mags for range duty and keep the third as a "spare" until they pop up, if ever. The cost of mags will still hurt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Why does everybody keep bitching about mags? If you know how to use GOOGLE mags can be found for a reasonable price. ($33)
I picked mine up last fall with a total of six mags for $720 otd.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:30:47 AM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why does everybody keep bitching about mags? If you know how to use GOOGLE mags can be found for a reasonable price. ($33)

I picked mine up last fall with a total of six mags for $720 otd.
View Quote

I've spent hours on google trying to track down p30/vp9 magazines. If you know where to buy them for $33 you could make a killing buying them for $33 and selling them for $60+ on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't believe  in being a scumbag pos induced panic hoarder. Pro armament in cuyahoga falls ohio had them listed still for $33/mag. Currently  out of stock now but always arriving. Another shop who I'm not allowed to mention on ar-15.com has them in stock for $38. Rhymes with G and car tacticool
Link Posted: 2/13/2015 11:48:21 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I don't believe  in being a scumbag pos induced panic hoarder. Pro armament in cuyahoga falls ohio had them listed still for $33/mag. Currently  out of stock now but always arriving. Another shop who I'm not allowed to mention on ar-15.com has them in stock for $38. Rhymes with G and car tacticool
View Quote

You-know-who doesn't have them in stock. I've tried several times over the last few days but it says they are out of stock when you try to add them to your cart. Thanks for the tip on PA though. I'll add them to my list of places I check!

Link Posted: 2/13/2015 12:08:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You-know-who doesn't have them in stock. I've tried several times over the last few days but it says they are out of stock when you try to add them to your cart. Thanks for the tip on PA though. I'll add them to my list of places I check!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sent check your inbox
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top