Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/25/2015 7:41:07 PM EDT
So work has handed me a shit sandwhich, and I can no longer carry my USP 45. I must go .40 and am leaning towards a p30l with the lem trigger. Reading reviews, I have seen a couple concerns. One is the wobbly slide release, I seldom if ever use the slide release so this doesn't concern me. I am more concerned with the recurring concern on reliability. Several people have complained of fte, possibly because of weak ammo combined with stiff springs in the 9mm version. My problem is that I'm not willing to take a chance on this, especially since I must use issued ammo, thus have no control over power and weight. Does anyone have any long term experience with the p30l in .40 and if so what are your thoughts? Thanks all.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

So work has handed me a shit sandwhich, and I can no longer carry my USP 45. I must go .40 and am leaning towards a p30l with the lem trigger. Reading reviews, I have seen a couple concerns. One is the wobbly slide release, I seldom if ever use the slide release so this doesn't concern me. I am more concerned with the recurring concern on reliability. Several people have complained of fte, possibly because of weak ammo combined with stiff springs in the 9mm version. My problem is that I'm not willing to take a chance on this, especially since I must use issued ammo, thus have no control over power and weight. Does anyone have any long term experience with the p30l in .40 and if so what are your thoughts? Thanks all.
View Quote
Why not get a usp 40 if you are familiar with the platform.  It will have less recoil and and better trigger then the p30 in 40 IMO.

Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't have the exact model and caliber you want, but I've got a lot of HK pistols. P30L in 9mm, 2000SK in both 9mm and .40 and an HK45 in *doh* 45.

Even brand spanking new with factory stiff springs, even with the shittiest white box Walmart ammo, I have never had a FTE with any of them.
I'm not saying somebody, somewhere hasn't, but with decent Speer, Federal or other duty loads, it would be right next to impossible.

Get a P30L, break it in and be happy.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 8:39:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, a n new wrinkle has popped up. I need to run the p30l with a tlr-1 hl (issued), and apparently there is no duty holster option for this config. Tried bladetech, kt mech, and even called safariland. Safariland advised that their light bearing holsters only work on the 9mm version (and only on a tlr-1 for that matter). I think I'm giving up at this point.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top