Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/23/2015 4:12:31 PM EDT
I didn't see any news from SHOT show about vp9c.
Did anyone hear about when this pistol may come out?
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#1]
nothing
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#2]
ain't happenin'
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
HK seems to launch on their own schedule.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Like sometimes never.  Business wise it would be foolish, since they are selling a lot of VP9s now.  When sales start to drop, maybe release time.  Same with Glock 42 model.
Link Posted: 1/24/2015 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Like sometimes never.  Business wise it would be foolish, since they are selling a lot of VP9s now.  When sales start to drop, maybe release time.  Same with Glock 42 model.
View Quote

This.  Lots of people sucking up vp9s right now. No need to release it yet.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would VP9 sales eat into VP9K/SK sales?  The guns fill different roles for people, different market segments.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:23:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Why would VP9 sales eat into VP9K/SK sales?  The guns fill different roles for people, different market segments.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For the folks with money for two pistols, it would not eat sales.  For the vast majority of the gun buying public, they're going to buy one, not both.

That is why.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 11:38:45 AM EDT
[#8]
I buy whole families of guns at once. Until they have a long slide and a compact I can't switch.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 1:47:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Having a VP9c/sk wouldn't hurt VP9 sales with regards to me as the VP9 is too large IMO.  Thus, I won't be purchasing one anyway, so no money for HK as a result.  Better for HK to sell a VP9c and one less VP9, than sell nothing.
Link Posted: 1/25/2015 10:55:36 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm the guy holding off on buying right now. I have a P30L and want a VP9sk. Have no intention of buying anything else in the HK family in the near future as I expect something to come out, be it a VP9sk or P30sk. (Would prefer a vp9sk)
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#11]
I have no need for another full size gun,I carry compact models daily and only use full size at the range. I will not buy a full size vp9, but a compact model I would by tomorrow if available. Hopefully they drop it soon.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:42:26 AM EDT
[#12]
I know people's opinions of a "compact" seem to lean towards subcompact these days, but the VP9 really isn't much bigger than the P229 (a compact) I carry every day.

Here's a couple of comparison pix (along with a SP2022...also apparently considered neither full-sized nor compact):

VP9, SP2022, P229

VP9, P229

SP2022, VP9

So as you can see, the generally accepted hardest part to conceal (the grip), is just a hair longer on the VP9 than the P229, and it is all magazine base plate.  The magwells are about dead even.  The VP9 slide/OAL is a bit longer, maybe 1/4".  Does that really preclude it from being carried?

Again, I realize people want smaller and smaller these days, but this isn't a huge pistol if you ask me.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:18:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I know people's opinions of a "compact" seem to lean towards subcompact these days, but the VP9 really isn't much bigger than the P229 (a compact) I carry every day.

Here's a couple of comparison pix (along with a SP2022...also apparently considered neither full-sized nor compact):

VP9, SP2022, P229
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-f4-uaRMmD8w/VMhww2BHtqI/AAAAAAAAD8M/Dm0S9IRlFog/s800/DSC07389.JPG

VP9, P229
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_xUWLfPKPY0/VMhw3KeynZI/AAAAAAAAD8k/mXALAs2g1oo/s800/DSC07392.JPG

SP2022, VP9
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-O7BHBuOCOcw/VMhwyuOA7FI/AAAAAAAAD8c/NLnZe6x8l3w/s800/DSC07391.JPG

So as you can see, the generally accepted hardest part to conceal (the grip), is just a hair longer on the VP9 than the P229, and it is all magazine base plate.  The magwells are about dead even.  The VP9 slide/OAL is a bit longer, maybe 1/4".  Does that really preclude it from being carried?

Again, I realize people want smaller and smaller these days, but this isn't a huge pistol if you ask me.
View Quote

Thanks for posting that up.  The VP9 isn't a small pistol, but it sure as hell isn't a big pistol either.  I've CC'd both my G19 and my VP9, there is no difference between the two under a normal sized polo shirt with a good IWB, and I'm super paranoid about printing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2015 7:44:11 PM EDT
[#14]
I used to cc a USP  45 ...the. vp is a baby to cc around. A guy a work cc a USP 45 T. I only use Belt man belts and el paso slide holsters.
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 3:26:43 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Having a VP9c/sk wouldn't hurt VP9 sales with regards to me as the VP9 is too large IMO.  Thus, I won't be purchasing one anyway, so no money for HK as a result.  Better for HK to sell a VP9c and one less VP9, than sell nothing.
View Quote

I agree
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:05:04 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not too excited for a compact model. I would be if it was going to be the size of a G19 and still hold 15 rounds, but that's not gonna happen.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't want a compact, I want a longer slide version.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 1:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View Quote
I want both of these

The current VP9 size isn't bad, and I will be getting one sometime this year, but the most useful sizes to me would be a compact or a longslide for competition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I want both of these  
The current VP9 size isn't bad, and I will be getting one sometime this year, but the most useful sizes to me would be a compact or a longslide for competition.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I want both of these  

That was my comment when it launched, that it was neither fish nor fowl on size.  Needs a longer slide for full size, and a shorter slide and grip for compact.
Link Posted: 2/8/2015 3:04:13 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm sure Mecgar can produce a shorter mag and still be 15 rounds if they would. The VP9 mag is the exact same length as a G17s but holds 2 rounds less. Have not taken them apart yet to see the differences.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 8:01:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Patiently waiting on a long slide version as well.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top