Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:06:35 PM EDT
Hello, I work in a Forensics Lab in the Firearm's Section and came across a USP 9mm pistol with a 5 digit serial number. XX-XXX. I can't seem to find anything specific on google. Does this low serial number exist or did I miss something? I looked it over quite a few times and aren't sure. One of our reference guns we have in our vault have 7.  Anyone have any info?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:03:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What is the date code and what does it mean?

Another factor to consider is the “date code” of the pistol. This is a two-letter code that tells you what year the pistol was made in. The USP was introduced in the early 90’s, and is still in production today, so at this point in time, a USP date code could start with either an “A” , a "B", or a “K”. The letters correspond to numbers, as follows.

A=0
B=1
C=2
D=3
E=4
F=5
G=6
H=7
I=8
K=9

So a pistol with the date code “KF” was made in 1995, whereas a pistol with the date code “AK” was made in 2009. ***On newer HK USP pistols, there is a “DE” marking on the slide. This is not a date code, it’s an unrelated marking from the factory, ignore it.

taken from hkpro

hope that helps first half should be a date code then after - should be production/unit  #
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a KD USP and it has 6 digits in the serial number.
Link Posted: 2/22/2015 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I realize this is an older thread, but yes, they do exist.   I have a like new KD date code 1993 USP 9 that is a 24-XXX serial number.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top