Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/14/2015 5:59:26 AM EDT
So I have a hk45c, that I bought to turn into my primary ccw gun. The allure of HKs track record was there, plus I figured it was a way for me to carry 8+1 or 10+1 and it wasn't a 1911(already have a few). And really the big thing is I wanted something that if  S ever did HTF when I pull the trigger it goes bang.

I have had M&Ps, XD's, glocks, and a few other that I have tried carrying over the years just to make sure I wasn't missing out on anything. Also I don't mind 9, or 45 but I see no reason to carry 40.

I haven't put copious amounts of ammo through the gun so far, but the one thing I really like about the HK design is the mag release. I am just so much smoother and faster with my mag drops and reloads it was surprising at first. After using the standard mag release for just over 10 years in both private carry and in duty carry I figured it would be a learning curve. I was wrong.

So now the question. I have been eyeing the VP9 now for a while. Like most. I really cant find a bad review. I have handled one in stores and was feeling the groove that others are. I do have extra mags for the hk45, and put HD sights on it. I could basically sell what I have now pick up some ammo, new holster and still have some cash left over... I know for arfcom I should get both, but right now I am also saving up some $$ to do some more mods to a m1a I have sitting in the safe.

So basically HK45c, or VP9?
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I would sell everything and get two VP9s.
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:41:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I sold my HK45c for the same reason. I have the fullsize HK45 so I'm good to go there. I want to wait and see if a VP9 compact comes out first. Also give more time for different companies to come out with holsters and other stuff for the VP9.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:18:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I might be interested in a compact version... I'm shorter so it might make things easier or more comfortable. I'm waiting for now to see what happens at shot I guess.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:30:05 AM EDT
[#4]
I dunno, I really like the 45C.
9mm is more fun to practice with, but if I have to cover my arse with a handgun, it's going to be a .45. The 45C is the last gun I would part with.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:23:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the VP9 and could not connect with it.  It is long gone but the HK45c is here to stay with me.  VP9 was akward for me in size and ease of concealability.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Sell the HK45C and any accessories (except extra mags) and buy a VP9. Then when the VP45C comes out down the road, you will have your mags vs. selling them at a lost now and buying them again later
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:23:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Don't sell the HK45c especially if you have it set up with HD's etc.

Its a bomb proof .45 a solid performer, great CCW gun with the right holster/belt comb.

I have one that is my go to gun, I like to call it my "Not F$&King Around Gun".

But I must confess I just bought a VP9 with night sights today. I love it, but I cannot see myself parting with my HK45c.

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:35:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I had almost the same issue with the P30 V3 or a HK45c.   I was planning on CCW.  So the capacity versus caliber issue came up.  I carry two spare mags in addition to the one in the handgun.  So not enough is not an issue.  I'm not there to shoot it out, rather shoot, scoot, and call it in.    

Size wise, they are comparable with the HK45c's extended floor plate.  I use the flat ones and that made it smaller handle wise.  I wore the p30, and for me had a problem with the p30's handle printing.  

9mm is a lot cheaper practice wise.  I sold a spare 45c to fund a 45ct version with the rebate and knife promo, so came out on top.  How much time behind the 45c do you have?  Maybe get some more range time?  Sometimes a certain gun will not "fit" you.  Ultimately your decision.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:33:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I had almost the same issue with the P30 V3 or a HK45c.   I was planning on CCW.  So the capacity versus caliber issue came up.  I carry two spare mags in addition to the one in the handgun.  So not enough is not an issue.  I'm not there to shoot it out, rather shoot, scoot, and call it in.    

Size wise, they are comparable with the HK45c's extended floor plate.  I use the flat ones and that made it smaller handle wise.  I wore the p30, and for me had a problem with the p30's handle printing.  

9mm is a lot cheaper practice wise.  I sold a spare 45c to fund a 45ct version with the rebate and knife promo, so came out on top.  How much time behind the 45c do you have?  Maybe get some more range time?  Sometimes a certain gun will not "fit" you.  Ultimately your decision.
View Quote

I am using a beltman belt, and a holster from hiddenhybridholsters.com. I carry it with a tlr3 on it. Also im 5'7 and 180lbs. Mind you I have a 18 inch neck and wide shoulders / chest. Still have something of a gut since I left the army but no dunlap. Also someone said it was there go to no messing around gun. Which is the same thing that drew me to it in the first place. Right now I am carrying the 8rnd in the gun and a spare mage on tap. So 17-19 rounds depending on my spare. I like the way the gun shoots, and its probably much more accurate than I am. I would love to get more range time but just haven't had the chance. I probably have 500 FMJ, and 150 ish of mixed PDX, and HST down the pipe as well..
It works for all my normal drills, I am about the same quickness on the draw as I am with any of my other guns, only thing I get better groups with are my 1911's. But my reloads as I said before are SOOOOO much better with the hk its silly. Also the old way I have ever carried it is with the light on... I know it would be more comfortable probably w/o it but the light on it is one reason I picked it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:34:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I am using a beltman belt, and a holster from hiddenhybridholsters.com. I carry it with a tlr3 on it. Also im 5'7 and 180lbs. Mind you I have a 18 inch neck and wide shoulders / chest. Still have something of a gut since I left the army but no dunlap. Also someone said it was there go to no messing around gun. Which is the same thing that drew me to it in the first place. Right now I am carrying the 8rnd in the gun and a spare mage on tap. So 17-19 rounds depending on my spare. I like the way the gun shoots, and its probably much more accurate than I am. I would love to get more range time but just haven't had the chance. I probably have 500 FMJ, and 150 ish of mixed PDX, and HST down the pipe as well..
It works for all my normal drills, I am about the same quickness on the draw as I am with any of my other guns, only thing I get better groups with are my 1911's. But my reloads as I said before are SOOOOO much better with the hk its silly. Also the old way I have ever carried it is with the light on... I know it would be more comfortable probably w/o it but the light on it is one reason I picked it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm three inches taller and ten pounds less.  I carried it in a Comptac Mtac with no light attached but have a handheld if needed.  It shoots a one hole group from fifteen yards out all day long with any ammo.  Especially so with 185 grain loads.  It's not in my current carry rotation.  I'm back to 1911s (blasphemy) for now.  45c and 45t are HD guns right now.  I gave up on the light attachment for the 45c.  I'm a X300 guy. There's room under the dust cover for one more rail.  Why HK didn't do that is beyond me.  My split times are slightly slower with triple taps (two to body, one to head) drills compared my SA EMP 9mm, and Glock 19/23.  Both strong and weak handed.  I'm going to hold off on the VP9, until bugs are worked out and parts become available.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#11]
I just bought the VP9 and love it. My Glock 19 now sits in the safe.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top