Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/28/2014 5:05:40 PM EDT
Hello all, just purchased my first hk on the 23, a hk45c tactical. I am a lefty and would like to add a right side safety or more likely an ambi safety. I saw what seems to be two different ambi safeties, one for $30 and one for $120. They appear identical, but are sold by two different reputable hk dealers. Does anyone know if one isn't made by hk or what the difference may be? The $120 version is SKU: HKPHK45001 and the $35 version is #241594

Link Posted: 12/29/2014 3:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all, just purchased my first hk on the 23, a hk45c tactical. I am a lefty and would like to add a right side safety or more likely an ambi safety. I saw what seems to be two different ambi safeties, one for $30 and one for $120. They appear identical, but are sold by two different reputable hk dealers. Does anyone know if one isn't made by hk or what the difference may be? The $120 version is SKU: HKPHK45001 and the $35 version is #241594

View Quote

I saw the same, I would go with the HK website vs. HK parts.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I actually didn't see either on the hk website. i guess I'll just call cs and skip the middle man.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Always call HK CS for parts first. They have the best price if the part is available. Also check top gun supply. Great prices too.
Link Posted: 12/29/2014 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Always call HK CS for parts first. They have the best price if the part is available. Also check top gun supply. Great prices too.
View Quote

I just did this to my new HK45CT. Got the parts from TGS. Good prices and super quick shipping. Took all of a couple of minutes to swap out.

OP, don't know about the sku's or whatever, but the ambi I replaced seems to be of the same make as the original.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Figured I would update this. The $30 version is the usp safety and for some reason people advertise it for hk45/hk45c. It needs filling and fitting to work and is not the same profile as the original hk45 safety.

The $120 version is the hk45 ambi safety and is the same profile as the original safety.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 5:29:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the update. Was in the market for an ambi safety for my HK45 since I'm a lefty as well. Too bad about the price but I'm not too surprised.
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 7:42:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Oops. Second update.

I ordered the $30 241594 part number and I recieved an h&k made in Germany hk45c safety part number 241594.

I'm not sure if they updated the part to the new safety and everyone is using old pictures or what. Either way, I'm happy. The $30 safety installed with no problems or modifications and functions perfect.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top