Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 12/20/2014 10:40:12 PM EDT
Has anyone witnessed any accelerated wear from using one of those aftermarket threaded barrels with a can attached? I normally wouldn't have any qualms but given how new it is and, specifically, the fact that HK does not offer a threaded variant and might not cover any damages caused by shooting suppressed I want to get some feedback before I go down this route.

I'm torn between the VP and just going a little further and getting a USP9 SD for a little more. By the time you include the cost of the aftermarket barrel you've closed the the price difference anyway. This will be used primarily for suppressed range sessions, that's it.

Any thoughts?

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No experience with after market barrels on the VP9, but I would go USP for the suppressor. If its going to cost you the same money, the USP is proven and an awesome pistol. That said make sure USP fits your hand, VP9 might be better if you have small hands.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got around 500 through mine now, RCM metric barrel.  Most have been through my Liberty Mystic X conversion.  

Thats a reasonably heavy pistol can.  No jams, no unusual wear.

Better trigger than my USP 9 SD.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No experience with after market barrels on the VP9, but I would go USP for the suppressor. If its going to cost you the same money, the USP is proven and an awesome pistol. That said make sure USP fits your hand, VP9 might be better if you have small hands.

View Quote

I loved my USP....but it was just too big for my hands....sold it and bought a VP9....I would have loved to have kept it....but im a shooter not a collector......couldn't shoot it well either, obviously due to being too large for my itty bitty hands.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 1:30:00 AM EDT
[#4]
I have yet to see either in the wild, but given I have smaller hands if the grip is as chunky on the USP as people say it looks like the VP is the clear winner here, regardless of price.

Normally I wouldn't think to much into dropping a threaded barrel, OEM or third party, into a pistol with intent to suppress it but beyond the caution some folks are raising over at hkpro.com about possible damage resulting from use, as well as coming across this video where HK wouldn't repair the firearm over the use of "non warrantied" silencers (retarded imo), just wanted to be sure no one saw anything bad from this combo.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have yet to see either in the wild, but given I have smaller hands if the grip is as chunky on the USP as people say it looks like the VP is the clear winner here, regardless of price.

Normally I wouldn't think to much into dropping a threaded barrel, OEM or third party, into a pistol with intent to suppress it but beyond the caution some folks are raising over at hkpro.com about possible damage resulting from use, as well as coming across this video where HK wouldn't repair the firearm over the use of "non warrantied" silencers (retarded imo), just wanted to be sure no one saw anything bad from this combo.

View Quote

I would try to handle a USP at a LGS if you can, 9 and 40 frames are same size FYI. I think the USP would be a better choice IF it fits you, but again I have nothing bad to say about VP9 just know and like the USP series.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top