Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 3:52:25 AM EDT
My brother is wanting to buy one in 9mm for edc.  He says it's most comfortable for him compared to other pistols.  

I told him I have some reservations about it, primarily the safety, which seems to me as though it could get flipped on just when you need it off the most.

I know with training such a thing can be mitigated, but I wouldn't bet on him ever becoming a hi-speed lo-drag uber operator, so I'm skeptical.

Opinions?

Any other things about the gun, good or bad to watch out for?

Reasonable price for a new one?  ($880 or so at grabagun).
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 5:26:05 AM EDT
[#1]
The safety isn't a problem, the trigger is. Get the LEM.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 7:45:32 PM EDT
[#2]
non-issue, IMO. I have been carrying a 1911 forever though so it was only natural, and I carry mine cocked and locked. But as long as he trains with it there should be no problem. I also dont have any issues with the standard trigger on the V3.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:00:56 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get it with a safety and if you drop the hammer you'll have a long double action trigger pull.  I don't think you can get much safer than that unless you leave it unloaded (but why spend $800+ on a hammer).

HKs are a good build, nothing to watch out for IMO (except the price of mags).  Single action trigger is good, double action is long but smooth, and reset is a little long but not terrible.  My v3 is at 1K rounds and I haven't had any problems not related to the guy pulling the trigger.

As to the price, that seems a little on the high side, but not real, real bad.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If a guy doesn't have the time to learn to hold the safety down he doesn't have time to competently use a DA/SA with decocker.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top