Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/17/2014 2:18:35 PM EDT
Hello my fellow arf members,

I purchased an HK P30LS from knesek guns inc, and thier prices was great! Purchased it online and checked out on Thursday. They gave me a total of $810 and I was wowed! So over the weekend I've received an email and I didn't check it till this morning, they charged me $887 on thier invoice?!? I was like WTF? They had hidden charges that was not listed on thier checkout and added it separately, and just emailed the new invoice. If I only knew they would charge $77 more for it I would have passed and got it somewhere else. My stupid @ss only transferred $840 (because I thought it was only $810 and gave room just in case for shipping) on my Card so I got charged multiple insufficient funds on my account. I called them this morning to confirm what the charges was for and they told me $35 shipping $8 insurance and 4% on CC fees. An employee there (if u need his name I will give it to u) that I spoke to today said you cannot return or cancel your order, unless you pay the 45% of the total price including all the other fees. I've never had a bad experience like this ever before in purchasing online. Now I have to eat it, and pay extra.

So my recommendations is to stay away from Knesek guns, the person I spoke with had no considerations for the inconvenience that was put on me, and basically said to me you can return it and $400~ back or just deal with it. Never again will I buy from knesek guns in AZ. Wish the employee had some kind of heart to atleast throw something in for my inconvenience but they didn't even try. So never again.

Just wanted to vent my frustrations, sorry ARF members just had a bad start to my Monday/week.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#1]
They have a horrible reputation.  Your story is just another notch on their belt.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 2:52:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They have a horrible reputation.  Your story is just another notch on their belt.
View Quote

Damn if I only knew before hand. Never again I say
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
They suck. Yet HKPRO keeps them as a sponsor
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:12:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They suck. Yet HKPRO keeps them as a sponsor
View Quote

Amazing what advertising money and loose ethics will get you.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:29:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Fuuuuuuuuuck that.  Cancel the order, and dispute the charge with your credit card company.  Have your FFL refuse the shipment as well so it goes straight back to them.

ETA: Wow, looks like they're a bait and switch outfit as well, solid "F" rating from the Better Business Bureau.  Some of the complaints on there are unbelieveable, and amount to outright theft.  I'm sorry for your troubles OP, Knesek Guns well deserved reputation appears to speak for itself.

http://www.bbb.org/arkansas/business-reviews/guns-and-gunsmiths/knesek-guns-in-van-buren-ar-90095220
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 7:34:05 PM EDT
[#6]
+1  Dispute charge.  Have FFL reject delivery.
Link Posted: 11/21/2014 7:53:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Dispute the additional amount with the cc company.  If you have a confirmation email that should be enough.  If they didn't send a confirmation email then take screenshots of the checkout process to show it is deceptive.  I'm guessing the latter is what happened so you can also include their refund policy in the dispute and point out they're using that to try and force people to just accept the additional charges.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:07:59 PM EDT
[#8]
For this reason I usually stick with the bigger retailers like CDNN Sports-(awesome to deal with) for a pistol like this. I know it is a little late now,(and we all have done it),but check on this site or others when it comes to smaller dealers or even large one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#9]
When I was looking for a USP 45 Tactical they wanted nothing more than to get my money with no delivery date or ETA. But if I gave them money.... guy kept emailing/calling. Finally got it through to him that I didn't want to buy from them.

STAY AWAY
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:07:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Sounds like OP paid with a debit card, so he may not be able to dispute it.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 11:59:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Add yourself to the list. They screwed up with me on a Gunbroker auction I won. They left negative feedback on me when it was their fault, deadbeats! Everyone should avoid these guys at all costs.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 2:01:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Sounds like OP paid with a debit card, so he may not be able to dispute it.
View Quote

He can still dispute it on a debit card.  The bank/cu just might not credit back the disputed amount immediately.  They may choose to wait until an investigation is completed before crediting back the disputed amount.  

I've had it go both ways.  My bank at the time held money until they ruled in my favor.  My current cu takes the position that the customer is right and put the money back into the account then follows through with the investigation.

It really shouldn't be than hard to win.  Even if the merchant says additional charges will apply after checkout the customer never confirmed those additional charges before the the merchant charged the card.  The merchant does that because they have a return policy making cancellation cost prohibitive so most people rollover and don't fight it.  The merchant's return policy doesn't trump the customer having to acknowledge and accept the final cost.

Just make sure the gun is in hand before starting the dispute so the merchant can't dick around more.

Finally the overage fees can be disputed too by showing had the merchant not acted without confirmation the account wouldn't have overdrafted.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top