Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 11/13/2014 3:59:03 AM EDT
haha...not right now. life just thru me a fuck you..

erase this thread
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:43:09 AM EDT
[#1]
You might want to take a look at the P30L before going with the standard P30. If you're not familiar with the P30L it has a longer slide/barrel but other than that is the same as a standard P30. I've had multiple people tell me they wish the had gotten the L model after shooting one. I don't find it any more difficult to carry but definitely see an improvement in accuracy no doubt due to the longer sight radius.

I went with the SA/DA trigger on my P30L. I've been carrying SA/DA pistols for years so I went with what I know best. I did handle and dry fire the DAO model and did not like the trigger pull whatsoever....it was way too long of a pull for me. I've read others say it's by far their favorite so really it's something you'll have to try out for yourself to know what you prefer.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 11:58:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I own a P30LS (DA/SA with Safety) which I also carry as my duty weapon......nuff said.

...Great pistol, shoots soft. has been 100% reliable...however when new Ive heard due to their stout recoil spring, it has trouble cycling 115gr...I had this problem for a little while, but after breaking it in for a little with 124gr. 115gr works just as good.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 4:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
We ended up getting a P30 too for my wife.  She looked at the VP9, P30 and P30L.  She wanted a nice feeling grip and an easy slide to work.

All three were on the table and with the rebate made pricing similar. To me it was between the VP9 or P30L, striker vs hammer, but it will be hers and she liked the P30 better.  

The L was about $75 more than the P30, plus a threaded barrel for the L was $250 vs $200 for an HK factory P30.  With shipping the L would have cost us about $125-$140 more than the P30, almost negating the $200 rebate.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 8:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
The $200 rebate is a vey nice thing.  Ypu can pick up extra mags with it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2014 10:15:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

....Hummmm
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 12:36:11 AM EDT
[#7]

I have a P30 with the light LEM trigger in it (V1, though it started as a V2 and I changed the springs out to lighten it up)

Also a P30LS with the LEM trigger in it.  It's advertised as the "light" LEM, but it's a tad heavier than the one mentioned above.

Either one will do just fine.  They are great shooting pistols.  I do recommend checking out the LEM trigger as the DA/SA isn't all that great.  It's a little different, but it works really well.  It's easier to put a light on the L version.  I use my LS as a nightstand gun with a Surefire light attached.

I also have VP9.  I wouldn't blow that off either.  It's a great pistol so far.

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:04:33 PM EDT
[#8]

...have VP9.  I wouldn't blow that off either.  It's a great pistol so far.

View Quote

I would take the VP9 over the P30.  Better trigger and it doesn't pinch my finger like the P30 does.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 1:57:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Exactly what i was thinking, something like a combo of a couple mags, holster, and ammo..

Anyways...anyone see a better deal then $725 shipped for the p30?  Or should i hold out and see what black friday brings?....Hummmm
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what i was thinking, something like a combo of a couple mags, holster, and ammo..

Anyways...anyone see a better deal then $725 shipped for the p30?  Or should i hold out and see what black friday brings?....Hummmm

I personally think that is a good deal ESPECIALLY with the $200 rebate.....I paid 800 for my P30LS....but it did come with 9 mags (guy bought it and mags, sold it a week later to me without ever shooting it.....financial troubles are a bitch....hopefully im never in that situation)
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]
I just bought a P30 V3 in 9mm.  

I like DA/SA hammer-fired guns, mainly because I like shooting them in SA.  The V3 is DA/SA.  I prefer the de-cocker-only version, rather than the P30S with the external safety.  I carry my DA/SA pistols with a round in the chamber, de-cocked, and on fire, so the standard P30 has exactly what I need with nothing I don't.  I chose the standard P30 instead of the long slide because I'm going to install a threaded barrel for a suppressor, so length is already playing against me and the suppressor negates any benefit gained by longer dwell time in the barrel.  

And since mags are compatible, it only makes sense I pick up a VP9 now and install a threaded barrel in it.  I'm using my rebate to buy more mags.

ETA: As far as the rebate is concerned, make sure you're the first owner, it comes with a receipt from a retail store that shows the store's info, your name, and the model you purchased, and that the price they're advertising isn't actually the price after MIR.  This will ensure you get the best price and actually receive your rebate.  The fine print on the rebate form is very picky.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#11]
So sounds like i should take that 725 shipped price, did the math and would be right at $810 all said and done and then the 200 dollar rebate, so $61o'ish..

Link Posted: 11/15/2014 3:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
The only reason to get the L version is if you plan on mounting a light.  I have several of both and there is no difference in accuracy.  I prefer the regular one.
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 9:35:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Love my P30 V1
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top