Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2014 12:33:50 PM EDT
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/22/rumor-hk-usa-sold/

I read the article, then took off to HKPRO.com and found this.
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/207278-hk-usa-has-been-sold.html

Update
I found a link about HK finical situation, thanks again to HKPros for this link.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/07/18/heckler-koch-germany-dire-financial-straits/

The lawsuit involving CMF Cayman and HK, the complaint for which is at:
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=OngETBBRXLhOX0y7RFzSFg==&system=prod

Will update O.P as I find more links.
Or, as they are posted.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2014/10/22/rumor-hk-usa-sold/

I read the article, then took off to HKPRO.com and found this.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-talk/207278-hk-usa-has-been-sold.html

Update

I found a link about HK finical situation, thanks again to HKPros for this link.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2013/07/18/heckler-koch-germany-dire-financial-straits/

The lawsuit involving CMF Cayman and HK, the complaint for which is at:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/fbem/DocumentDisplayServlet?documentId=OngETBBRXLhOX0y7RFzSFg==&system=prod

Will update O.P as I find more links.

Or, as they are posted.

View Quote

Say it ain't so!

Thanks for posting, I'll keep an eye out for updates.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 2:17:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Goes along with what a German co-worker of mine was saying. Claims that the German people hate that Heckler & Koch even operates in Germany and that they are out to force them into financial ruin. He is rather anti-gun himself.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Jesus, please, please, please don't let Freedom Group be the buyers if this is true.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:20:51 PM EDT
[#4]

This might have something to do with the
HK $200 Rebate

Maybe trying to get rid of the old stock
Or trying inflate sale numbers, to help get more money for the company?

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Goes along with what a German co-worker of mine was saying. Claims that the German people hate that Heckler & Koch even operates in Germany and that they are out to force them into financial ruin. He is rather anti-gun himself.
View Quote

I listened to something on NPR about this. Many anti's in Germany, but H&K has a good sized work force in the country that doesn't care. Apparent they have a ton of bad press for selling "weapons of war" to nefarious country's. Sounded like a load of European crap to me.

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I listened to something on NPR about this. Many anti's in Germany, but H&K has a good sized work force in the country that doesn't care. Apparent they have a ton of bad press for selling "weapons of war" to nefarious country's. Sounded like a load of European crap to me.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it is a load of Euro crap. Heck, my coworker feels they shouldn't even have a military, at all, period. Should of seen the look on his face, when I showed him the (Picture of the) VP9 I purchased, and told him I supported his countryman. He couldn't even take pride in the concept that his fellow countryman are capable of producing some of the finest firearms around. Stated "We should not be known for making things that kill people" and crap like that.

ETA: Added text in red.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:35:04 AM EDT
[#7]
HK USA is the importer.  So if the rumor is true, we'd have a new owner importing the same quality product.

HKPro is bar-none the best site for HK tech data/testing.  They are some of the worst when it comes to speculation (Mk23 out of production!!11!, USP production to be stopped!1!1!)
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 2:43:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
HK USA is the importer.  So if the rumor is true, we'd have a new owner importing the same quality product.

HKPro is bar-none the best site for HK tech data/testing.  They are some of the worst when it comes to speculation (Mk23 out of production!!11!, USP production to be stopped!1!1!)
View Quote

Are any hk's made in the usa yet?
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:29:12 PM EDT
[#9]
And this is all 100% unconfirmed rumor. Kinda like Obama taking all our guns away.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
According to interwebs, Colt has gone bankrupt 12 times already!

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#11]
HK45 and HK45c.  US frames.  German barrels and other small parts.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 9:41:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Hmmm

I am slightly worried.
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

According to interwebs, Colt has gone bankrupt 12 times already!

View Quote

Depending on how far back you go, they've gone under a number of times.

But with this HK rumor, I'm not taking chances--I hope to have my VP9 ordered before next week.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:19:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HK45, the MR series as well.
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:57:00 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Because it is a load of Euro crap. Heck, my coworker feels they shouldn't even have a military, at all, period. Should of seen the look on his face, when I showed him the (Picture of the) VP9 I purchased, and told him I supported his countryman. He couldn't even take pride in the concept that his fellow countryman are capable of producing some of the finest firearms around. Stated "We should not be known for making things that kill people" and crap like that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

How's he feel about all those expensive cars that people wreck and die in?
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:07:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Loves them. He argues "Cars are meant to take people around and aren't intended to kill people. Guns are just mean to kill. We Germans prefer to not be thought of as gun manufacturers at all".

I've attempted to discuss the topic some with him but it is at work and I don't really want to bring up politics that much.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#17]
[b]Quoted:
"Cars are meant to take people around and aren't intended to kill people. Guns are just mean to kill. We Germans prefer to not be thought of as gun manufacturers at all".

I've attempted to discuss the topic some with him but it is at work and I don't really want to bring up politics that much.
View Quote

Gun manufacturer => Arsenal of Democracy. Much improved from Nazi concentration camp guard.

Tell him the Germans would be fortunate to have the world think of them as gun manufacturers.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 8:42:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Gun manufacturer => Arsenal of Democracy. Much improved from Nazi concentration camp guard.

Tell him the Germans would be fortunate to have the world think of them as gun manufacturers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
[b]Quoted:
"Cars are meant to take people around and aren't intended to kill people. Guns are just mean to kill. We Germans prefer to not be thought of as gun manufacturers at all".

I agree but he has some odd stick up his butt, when it comes to firearms. Just recently, I was talking to him of how there are Germans, in Germany, that own full auto machine guns and the like and he refuses to believe it is possible to own them.

Lost cause, I'd say.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top