Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/17/2014 10:26:57 AM EDT
Hello all,

I just purchased a VP9 yesterday and what a fine weapon it is! Today I attempted to mount my surefire x300 and found that the light was too long, preventing the ridge on the latch plate from securing inside the picatinny rail on the firearm. This problem was present with both the P plate and the U plate. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,
Cliff
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:12:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hello all,

I just purchased a VP9 yesterday and what a fine weapon it is! Today I attempted to mount my surefire x300 and found that the light was too long, preventing the ridge on the latch plate from securing inside the picatinny rail on the firearm. This problem was present with both the P plate and the U plate. Has anyone else had this issue? Thanks in advance!

Respectfully,
Cliff
View Quote

HKpro has a thread on this:

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgun-talk/202597-vp9-rail-accessories.html

You should be using the U plate.  I've seen numerous other examples of people using the X300 without any issue, you might have to check if the rail or light is somehow out of spec.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Give the X300 a fist bump to the front and that typically secures it properly. After the first install it seems to secure in place easier.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:34:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the replies! I'll give it a try.
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 8:59:31 PM EDT
[#4]
My X300 is a really tight fit but I found that if I grip the gun with my right hand and put the palm of my left hand on the front of the lens( weapon unloaded) and push firmly it will click and lock on.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My X300 is a really tight fit but I found that if I grip the gun with my right hand and put the palm of my left hand on the front of the lens( weapon unloaded) and push firmly it will click and lock on.
View Quote

This is also what I have to do with about half of my M&P's.

You'll be happy once its installed that it is tight and not loose like it ends up being on virtually all of my Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:19:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone have any success with a DG switch?

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks for the reply. I tried precisely this and it worked perfectly! Now to find a holster!
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 3:26:24 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to get one of those new FDE X300s for my VP9. Think the two tone looks sweet and I don't think any other handgun on the market looks as good with the X300 as the VP9. Really fits the handgun nicely
Link Posted: 10/23/2014 4:26:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Yup. The P30L is the same way. I just put the light on and then press the light onto a hard surface until it clicks in. No issues.

For holsters, custom kydex is going to be the way to go. Blade Tech does make their WRS retention holster that will fit the gun with a light, I believe.

Link Posted: 10/23/2014 7:34:56 PM EDT
[#10]
N155, glad I could help.

Post pictures when you get a holster. I haven't decided what holsters I am going to use with this gun.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:08:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Here ya go! The holster was made by J.A.N. Gunworks. http://www.jangunworks.com/

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 11:58:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I just looked at the link for your holster and noticed they are in jacksonville Florida. I live in Middleburg. How long did it take for them to make your holster and how do you like it?

I ordered a holster last week from concealment express(iwb) and was surprised to see they were also in jacksonville.

I want an OWB holster for the vp9/light with no cant. I haven't had much luck finding one that isn't a 6 week wait.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I just looked at the link for your holster and noticed they are in jacksonville Florida. I live in Middleburg. How long did it take for them to make your holster and how do you like it?

I ordered a holster last week from concealment express(iwb) and was surprised to see they were also in jacksonville.

I want an OWB holster for the vp9/light with no cant. I haven't had much luck finding one that isn't a 6 week wait.
View Quote

RRice,

It took about 3 days. But he doesn't have a mold so I had to give him my weapon. I really like the holster. It fits in with a nice audible click. The belt loops are adjustable which is good for me because I like to wear the weapon relatively low.

Another Jacksonville based company is Stay Holstered. He has the VP9 molds and it looks like there are VP9 holsters in stock on his ebay site. All of his holsters are $30. I have one of his holsters and they are excellent, too.  http://stores.ebay.com/Stay-Holstered

Stay safe!

Respectfully,
Cliff
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Tony of JM custom Kydex makes quality holsters.

I had Tony make me a IWB for my P30S/TLR-1  and P30S / Gen 2 APL.

Its based of his V3 IWB. or the new V3 SL + Pull The DOT loops. That's the only attachment I will use on a IWB.

Basically its a simple fold over IWB Kydex holster.   You can choose cant or the  sweat guard length.

Tony also has his own IWB-Light holster to.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 9:14:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You'll be happy once its installed that it is tight and not loose like it ends up being on virtually all of my Glocks.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate play.

I traded in my Gen 1 APL and they  sent me a Gen 2 APL/

Well the Back and forth play is totally gone but it has side to side play.  I drop ita few times on the bezel and smack it a few times on the table and it seems to stay on.
I went ahead and had Tony make me another IWB-L holster. when it gets here I go test it out at the range. If it can handle a few boxes of ammo I might use it for EDC.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top