Posted: 10/16/2014 3:39:30 PM EDT

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#1]
P2000Sk
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Are rebates a normal thing for HK?

Maybe the rest of the VP lineup is going to be released soon.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 4:57:08 PM EDT
[#3]
No rebate for VP series?
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Are rebates a normal thing for HK?

Maybe the rest of the VP lineup is going to be released soon.

View Quote
I am supposed to pick up a pair of consecutive serial numbered VP9s tomorrow.  My wife got us an early Christmas present, but she knows if the VP45 comes out...a pair of those is in order too.

Link Posted: 10/16/2014 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell Yeah!!

I just picked up a HK45 last week, and that $200 will buy me a few more spare mags!

I'll search it out, but anyone know if you can do this online?

Thanks OP!

ETA: I didn't notice the date range, November 1st is the start date, and of course I bought mine October 8th!

Most info I found was on HKpro seems the rebate card  will be posted to their site on Nov. 1st. So I won't get the rebate for the HK45 I just bought, but Dammit if this don't give me an excuse to buy a USP 45T to keep it company!

Ruck
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Not too shabby.  I like that HK is aggresively marketing themselves.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 9:37:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Been thinking about a USP 40.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No rebate for VP series?
View Quote

I doubt it.  Price point for the VP9 is already several hundred dollars below HK's other offerings, it's already been excluded from the free tactical light rebate.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:20:13 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Been thinking about a USP 40.

View Quote

I love mine, you won't regret it.

Link Posted: 10/17/2014 12:23:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I doubt it.  Price point for the VP9 is already several hundred dollars below HK's other offerings, it's already been excluded from the free tactical light rebate.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No rebate for VP series?

Plus it's only been out for a few months now and probably still selling very well. They don't have to offer a rebate to get the sale.
Link Posted: 10/17/2014 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No rebate for VP series?

Exactly. I paid $550 New for my VP9 and thought it was a steal. A $350 VP9? That just be insane
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
P2000Sk
View Quote

I agree! I was excited about this offer until I saw that there was no mention of the P2000sk. I wonder the reason for this.
Link Posted: 10/18/2014 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Are we still hating HK???
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I sure don't! My vp9 is great!
Link Posted: 10/19/2014 7:35:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same. Might have to go test fire a 45c since ive seen this deal.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 6:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]
dangit, why did I see this? That means I can get a new USP Compact 9 for about $600 new, if I remember my LGS's prices. I think I will be Foing in the near future
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#18]
I am hoping they realized their price point was simply too high and are trying to become competitive in the US Civilian market.

I just got a pair of Vp9s and love them...if they don't come out with a VP45, the HK45 Tactical is next on my list.

Mmmmmm VP45T...just thinking of it makes me randy.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 3:52:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I am hoping they realized their price point was simply too high and are trying to become competitive in the US Civilian market.

I just got a pair of Vp9s and love them...if they don't come out with a VP45, the HK45 Tactical is next on my list.

Mmmmmm VP45T...just thinking of it makes me randy.
View Quote

My guess is they realized that the VP9 is the only model selling anymore and are trying to get rid of their not so great selling models before they change their production mentality.

I hate to say it, but if I could find a MK23 under 1700 bucks, I'd be real tempted to buy one with the additional 200 off.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 5:57:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Could be that or all that bankrupcy money trouble stuff hk germany is going through and that stuff about hk usa being up for sale. I didnt read all of it but its on the hk talk section of the hk forums website
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:11:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Could be that or all that bankrupcy money trouble stuff hk germany is going through and that stuff about hk usa being up for sale. I didnt read all of it but its on the hk talk section of the hk forums website
View Quote

My first thoughts on this as well.

Of course, if it means changing their business model from "You suck and we hate you" to "You suck but we merely dislike you", that's good news.

Any greater interest in the US civilian market is good for consumers, and it should prove good for HK as well.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:50:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Of course, if it means changing their business model from "You suck and we hate you" to "You suck but we merely dislike you", that's good news.

Any greater interest in the US civilian market is good for consumers, and it should prove good for HK as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think their going to start having to kiss ass in the civi market. I dont know anyone agency using their handguns except one. I had a fraternity brother who worked border patrol amd he was issued a p2000 in 40 s&w. Havent talked to him in years things might have changed. As far as hk rifles, pretty sure the 416 uppers and mr556 uppers have different internals with the mr556 having propriatary stuff plus their price point makes them unpopular. Besides a select few in the mil using the 416 i dont see any of their rifles having popularity. When lav talked about the death of the subgun he was right. Dont think very many agencies use them besides the 10mm mp5's the fbi has and ofcourse the mp5 9's we saw the secret service carrying around after the guy hopped the fence and ran around the white house. My guess is as far as leo and mil go contracts are drying up.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:56:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Im thinking it may be from after seeing how fast the VP9's are selling at their lower price point.

Now, the real question, should I get a 9mm USP Compact (have a .40, love it, used to have a 9 too, sold it and regret that) with the rebate, or a VP9 without any rebate? I think the VP9 will probably be cheaper still, and I don't have one yet...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
-

I think their going to start having to kiss ass in the civi market. I dont know anyone agency using their handguns except one. I had a fraternity brother who worked border patrol amd he was issued a p2000 in 40 s&w. Havent talked to him in years things might have changed.
View Quote

BP, Customs, and a bunch of DHS still uses the P2000, and in lesser numbers the USP and P2000SK.  Folks I've talked to say there are no plans to change because the organization's already set up to use them - parts, training, armorers, etc.  CBP with BP and Customs and the other little departments overall is some 45000 officers (on paper, anyway).

Price point is a high for a lot of agencies, which might also be a reason to develop the P30s and VPs and all - lower price point for institutions to buy, as well as non-mil/non-leo markets.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:10:35 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Im thinking it may be from after seeing how fast the VP9's are selling at their lower price point.

Now, the real question, should I get a 9mm USP Compact (have a .40, love it, used to have a 9 too, sold it and regret that) with the rebate, or a VP9 without any rebate? I think the VP9 will probably be cheaper still, and I don't have one yet...
View Quote

Are you looking to standardize a carry/competition gun, or diversify a collection?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 9:01:18 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Are you looking to standardize a carry/competition gun, or diversify a collection?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

hah, either. I have been thinking a VP9 could make a good USPSA gun (I typically shoot a G19 currently for that), but I love my USP Compact .40 for carry, except for its weight. The 9mm I used to have just felt much lighter. I really dont need a new USP or VP9, I already have a 9mm P30 that I rarely use except for nightstand duty, and a P2000SK that I carry.

I was just salivating at the thought of a $200 cheaper USP Compact, but then realized that a VP9 would still probably be cheaper. Since I already have the USP Compact, I'll probably end up just getting the VP9...
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 12:02:37 PM EDT
[#27]
Several weeks back my lgs had all their HK's clearance priced as I know they don't move them very often. I know they had stickers on all the USP line, but maybe some of the newer HK series too. This $200 rebate makes me tempted to wander back in there and see what they have.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top