Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 10/3/2014 7:55:09 PM EDT
just wanted to know your opinions on this holster for the VP9. It looks like it would be as good as any other to me but I'm not too experienced in holsters

http://www.concealmentexpress.com/store/p16/Heckler_%26_Koch_%28H%26K%29_-_VP9_IWB_KYDEX_Holster.html

prolly will pick one up

what do you think?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#1]

I own the same exact holster.

It is excellent, it is the best holster I've ever owned. It's easy on, easy off and won't pop-off a 1½" belt.

I did grind-off the sweat guard, which I do with all my holsters using a belt sander.

With this holster, I find the VP9 more comfortable to conceal than a Glock 19 using the same type of holster, just FYI.

The curvy lines of the VP9 grip molds to by fleshy sexy body better than the butt of the Glock 19

Proof

Link Posted: 10/6/2014 12:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I own the same exact holster.

It is excellent, it is the best holster I've ever owned. It's easy on, easy off and won't pop-off a 1½" belt.

I did grind-off the sweat guard, which I do with all my holsters using a belt sander.

With this holster, I find the VP9 more comfortable to conceal than a Glock 19 using the same type of holster, just FYI.

The curvy lines of the VP9 grip molds to by fleshy sexy body better than the butt of the Glock 19

Proof

<a href="http://s434.photobucket.com/user/LowSpeedHighDrag/media/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/10A4312D-05BB-49D2-838D-E9BC97DF82D3_zpsnntnlsuj.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq64/LowSpeedHighDrag/Facebook/Mobile%20Uploads/10A4312D-05BB-49D2-838D-E9BC97DF82D3_zpsnntnlsuj.jpg</a>

View Quote

lol thanks I ordered it like 10 minutes before you posted! This will be my first time attempting to carry a gun bigger than my shield
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Ordered mine Saturday and received it today. JMO but I don't think you are going to find anything that  is going to beat the quality of this holster, including those that cost a lot more.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Because of this thread I ordered a right hand,black with straight drop from concealment express. I was happy to see when I ordered they are local to me.

I think it is a great holster for the money and it seems well built but there is one major issue I had,that I fixed ,but is worth mentioning here. I don't like tight holsters and I like the gun to slide out easily. That is one reason I have always liked Bladetech. That said,if you loosen the screws on this holster the trigger guard portion of the holster opens up. My holster had tabs that went under the mag release. When the holster was loosened up these tabs would catch the mag release and drop the mag when reholstering. I took my dremel with a sanding wheel and removed these tabs and recountoured the area near the mag release on the trigger guard. I have since drawn and reholstered the gun 50+ times and can't get it to grab the release no matter how hard I try.

Those of you with these holsters should take a look at this. Not a big deal and for the price I can deal with a little fine tuning.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I got mine Tuesday and have been wearing it all week.
I had to loosen the tension a little, as it was so tight I couldn't pull it without yanking.
Other than that, great holster for a great price.
Also, I can't say how much I like the VP9!
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone ordered the 10 degree cant?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 1:12:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone ordered the 10 degree cant?
View Quote

Yep, the one I got is 10 degree cant, it conceals it better with the cant imo.

here's an explanation about the benefit of the cant if you wanna see it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mdsyw04ZvCM&list=UUZ-qxagOkAmCEP-Tu6YliUQ#t=660
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered my holster with the cant and in carbon fiber. The VP9 is replacing my G19 as my everyday CCW. Just need to get my holsters setup. What a great pistol. I have not been this excited about a new pistol in a long time.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I just ordered my holster with the cant and in carbon fiber. The VP9 is replacing my G19 as my everyday CCW. Just need to get my holsters setup. What a great pistol. I have not been this excited about a new pistol in a long time.
View Quote

I did too. The holster company you linked to had it on sale and free shipping. Can't complain. I'll post more when it gets here.
Link Posted: 11/22/2014 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a DeSantis Pro Stealth Holster for my VP9. It has a an spare magazine pouch as well. I like it since is a single large clip instead a double clip that other IWB holsters have.

http://www.desantisholster.com/PRO-STEALTH

Link Posted: 12/30/2014 5:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/4/2015 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I like the holster. Carries well. Well made, was cheap and he got it to me very quickly.

Quoted:

i just got a vp9.   whats your final verdict?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did too. The holster company you linked to had it on sale and free shipping. Can't complain. I'll post more when it gets here.

i just got a vp9.   whats your final verdict?  

Link Posted: 1/4/2015 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#13]
My thoughts as well. The VP9 is a pretty good sized gun but that holster carries it well and seems to be well made. I've carried it all over since I'm usually wearing a jacket or coat of some sort in winter, it does it's job. During summer I'll still have to stick to the subcompacts, but we all knew that.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top