Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/28/2014 1:18:38 AM EDT
Just picked this gun up for $525 today which included 3 mags, 2 holsters (a duty blackhawk serpa level 3 and a cheap nylon one), and night sights. I always wanted one of these after watching Blood Diamond and finally decided to get it for what seemed like a pretty decent price. The only problems with the gun is that there are some scratches on the polymer because it was a police officer's firearm and saw a lot of time in a holster. The other thing is that it has an LEM trigger and parts I believe. It does not have an external safety and has a somewhat strange DAO action. I would like to return this gun back to the original SA/DA system that I am more used to. Where would I go about finding these parts? The gun has an AA prefix indicating 2000 manufacture.
Sorry about the terrible picture

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:03:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Congrats! Great piece -- that was my first purchase and I still have mine after 12 years.

Here's a place for factory parts:
http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-Compact-40-S-W-c261.htm

Below are the configs. Aside from variants 7 & 8, the odd numbers are right handed shooters and the even for southpaws.
USP Variants:

Variant 1:? Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decoking lever) on left side of frame.
Variant 2: ?Double action/single action with "SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety/decocking lever) on right side of frame.
Variant 3: ?Double action/single action without "SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on left side of frame.
Variant 4: ?Double action/single action without ”SAFE” position. Control lever (decocking lever) on right side of frame.
Variant 5: ?Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on left side of frame.
Variant 6: ?Double action only with ”SAFE” position. Control lever (manual safety) on right side of frame.
Variant 7: ?Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)
Variant 8: ?Double action without control lever (no manual safety/decocking lever)?SPECIAL VARIANT FOR GOVERNMENT AGENCY
Variant 9: ?Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on left side of frame.
Variant 10: ?Double action/single action with control lever (manual safety/no decocking function) on right side of frame.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:04:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Good price, looks like it's in nice shape. HKPARTS.NET should have everything you need.

Oops, beat by 37 seconds.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 2:12:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a Variant 1. Great gun.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 9:45:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice I keep one at bedside
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe you ought to give the trigger a chance before you swap it out for a V1.  There are plenty of threads about LEM triggers here and at HKPro, and you can see how they work and the benefits the trigger provides in a SD pistol.  Also, while the SA on HK USP Compacts is very, very good, the DA is not so much. Very, very heavy, and proved just too much of a difference between the two for me to be comfortable carrying it. Mine was a V3, and I swapped it out for the light LEM trigger. Since your was an LE trade in, it may have come with the heavy LEM, which isn't as nice to shoot. If it doesn't grow on you, the swap is easy to do with the parts listed. Maybe someone here has leftover V1 parts from a LEM conversion that can be recycled before you shell out for the new parts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Now all you need is a 357Sig barrel since it's just a barrel swap.

Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:06:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to the club, I love my V1.  I always keep mine with the hammer cocked back with the safety on.
Link Posted: 9/28/2014 10:15:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thank you all for the information. I think I want to go to the V1 configuration to carry cocked and locked like I do for my 1911. Although the lem trigger is cool, it is too much like a Glock trigger. Don't get me wrong, I love Glocks and own 3, but I want something a little different for this gun. If I hate the V1, I could always switch back. Where would be the cheapest place to buy all the parts for this conversion?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:03:49 AM EDT
[#9]
HKparts.net

If you don't think you'd like the heavier trigger, I'd check out the match trigger kit. I might go with one in mine this spring.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 1:05:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
HKparts.net

If you don't think you'd like the heavier trigger, I'd check out the match trigger kit. I might go with one in mine this spring.
View Quote

Does the match kit include all of the small parts needed to convert from the LEM? I know that I would still need to buy the safety separately. What other parts would be needed with that kit? Does the match kit just drop in with the USP compacts?
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does the match kit include all of the small parts needed to convert from the LEM? I know that I would still need to buy the safety separately. What other parts would be needed with that kit? Does the match kit just drop in with the USP compacts?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HKparts.net

Not 100% sure. I've heard of people doing it, though.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
HKparts.net

I don't believe the match kit has the parts needed to convert from LEM, you're only changing the trigger, not the variant itself.  If you want to get the V1 (SA/DA w/safety) with a match trigger, you're still missing a new detent plate, control lever, hammer axle, etc.  Call HKparts.net and explain what you want to do, and they'll get you the parts you need.  You're going to have to do some mixing and matching in your situation, no one single "kit" is going to have what you need.
Link Posted: 9/29/2014 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Good price
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top