Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2014 10:07:44 PM EDT
Have a USP and P30 both s models with safetys on the side.  The USP takes much less travel to reset trigger for follow up shots compared to my P30.  Is there a way to improve the reset on the P30 so its more like my USP? I saw gray guns can do a trigger job for over $300 but i think that may be more than what i need.

I appreciate any insight and options.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:23:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Have a USP and P30 both s models with safetys on the side.  The USP takes much less travel to reset trigger for follow up shots compared to my P30.  Is there a way to improve the reset on the P30 so its more like my USP? I saw gray guns can do a trigger job for over $300 but i think that may be more than what i need.

I appreciate any insight and options.
View Quote

Bruce Gray is the only one that I know of that does the trigger reset shortening. I am not aware of any kind of 25¢ trigger job you can do with a HK pistol that will do anything at all. It's one of the things I never got about HK; as the guns got better ergonomically, the triggers got progressively worse. Going from a USP Compact LEM at work to a P2000 LEM was a bit of a disappointment, I couldn't believe how much longer the reset seemed to be than the USPc. I admit I haven't handled a P30, but my understanding is that trend continued. I think you should just shoot the P30 more and get used to the trigger, then you won't shortstroke the P30, and you'll still be ok with the USP reset.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I think Grey Guns is your only bet.  I know the resets on the P series were always longer then the resets on the USP and the HK45.  

I have an HK45 LEM and the reset with that considerably shorter then my P2000 LEM

I also have the P7 trigger which is far better then either
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:11:29 AM EDT
[#3]
That's why I chose USP9 over P30 - the trigger. This is probably one of the reasons USP is still around.
P30 felt better in my (average-sized) hands but with USP I did a lot better.
Clear and simple choice (at least for me).
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 9:32:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Thats what i though! Thanks all.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top