Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2014 9:50:52 PM EDT
I've wanted one for years.......I'll admit it - I've wanted one since seeing Solid Snake with one in Metal Gear Solid.

Fast forward to present day - I decided I needed something really nice to celebrate my 26th birthday that's happening this month, and its also my first "free" birthday as a civilian, since getting out of the Army.

I sold some gadgets and guns I didn't use much, and boom. Got myself a brand new Mark 23. BE date code. Factory fresh, and flawless in fit and finish.

I gotta admit......this thing is TIGHT........the lock-up is insane!

I ordered the 16x1 RH piston for my Osprey tonight, and hope to shoot it suppressed next week. So excited!

The only thing I really wanna do to it is night sights, but I'm afraid to let just anyone work on this thing; this is my "Grail" gun, and is the single most expensive handgun I own.

We'll see how she shoots; its nothing more than a range toy/hey look at this badass toy - gun......so night sights aren't necessary....it'd just be nice if this gun had them; especially for the price.

Pics -

image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr

image by The One and Only "B"!, on Flickr
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:27:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Badass. . . .

Someday I will get to shoot one
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:02:11 AM EDT
[#2]
My BIL has one, and let me shoot it.  Damn big gun, but it shoots beautifully.  

Helped rekindle my interest in 45 ACP.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 10:46:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks great, but that is one big bastard of a gun!  Can you get a decent grip on it?  It looks like your fingers are struggling a bit to get all the way around it.  Please post more pics when you get your new can for it!
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#4]
You need to make that monster your SHTF sidearm.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 9:28:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Badass. . . .

View Quote

softest shooting and most accurate 45 I've ever shot.

Completely impractical for anything really, but I'd never sell mine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2014 1:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
They are huge and way too big for anything, but I want one bad. Nice find.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 4:53:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Badass. . . .

^This! 10+
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 9:12:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Jeez, took FOREVER to load on my phone.

With that said you are now a tier 0 mall ninja delta recon sniper badass.

Link Posted: 9/7/2014 12:33:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Are you going to try the Sig "brace" on it?  
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are you going to try the Sig "brace" on it?  
View Quote

I really should. The thing is huge!
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 2:21:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
You need to make that monster your SHTF sidearm.
View Quote

I have the safariland drop leg for mine. I told my buddies if they see me with that beast strapped on shit has gone sideways
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#12]
looked at one on buds. almost went full retard
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 7:13:21 PM EDT
[#13]
But what happened to the DARPA Chief?????
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Congrats! Awesome pistol, can't wait to own one or shoot one
I purchased my grail gun, USP Tactical 45 but I will own a silencer company product and MK23 in the future. Dad grabbed my other HK grail gun the HK45 Compact Tactical so the MK23 will fit right at home between us.
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:36:05 PM EDT
[#15]
To make it completely game compliant, do you plan on getting the laser/light combo?
Link Posted: 9/7/2014 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
To make it completely game compliant, do you plan on getting the laser/light combo?
View Quote

Unfortunately not.

I can't find an Insight LAM for a decent price.......they're all ridiculously priced......although, the appropriate LAM for the Metal Gear Mark 23, would be the Wilcox LAM, which is even more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 7:47:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Doesn't look you stayed a member long...
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 11:25:23 AM EDT
[#18]
At some point I will own another one of these.

It will be that "hey look what I found for 1400" deals, but I will have another one.

Owned two at one point, kept one new,and shot one....then sold them when I realized I didn't need 4k wrapped up in two guns.

One thing I did enjoy about it was the trigger.  In single action, its actually pretty decent, and has a nice heavy trigger return spring with a relatively short reset.  Makes for a very serviceable trigger.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top