Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:21:02 PM EDT
Shot 50 rounds ttoday, through a factory new P30/VP9 magazine and noticed I was getting polymer shavings towards the end of the mag
Took a look at the mag and saw this.

Normal wear that will stop at a point or should I be concerned?
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like it just had a little extra plastic flash that's flaking / wearing off with use.  If it bugs you, clean it up with an exacto knife.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 12:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like it just had a little extra plastic flash that's flaking / wearing off with use.  If it bugs you, clean it up with an exacto knife.
View Quote

Doesn't bug me at all, just wanted to make sure it was OK. I'll let it flake away naturally.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 11:22:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine has the same thing
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 2:21:39 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't know what exactly causes it but all of my P30 mags look just like that. It seems to get to a certain point and then not get much worse.

It looks like it's caused by the rim of the shell but I'm not sure how. Initially I thought it was from loading the first round but after paying attention to where I push down the round when I load it I don't think that's it...I'm stumped
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 5:40:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know what exactly causes it but all of my P30 mags look just like that. It seems to get to a certain point and then not get much worse.

It looks like it's caused by the rim of the shell but I'm not sure how. Initially I thought it was from loading the first round but after paying attention to where I push down the round when I load it I don't think that's it...I'm stumped
View Quote

So long as it naturally stops and does not harm durability/reliability, I won't bother thinking twice about it. The VP9 is my favorite handgun, easily. It is exactly what I was looking for, back in 2009, just a shame they didn't make it yet haha.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 7:58:39 AM EDT
[#6]
It's from the rim of the case when the last case is chambered.  Some magazines have a slight depression molded there to prevent it.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top