Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2014 7:59:20 AM EDT
I'm debating these two at the moment.  Both come in orig box with 2 mags and a holster.  The first is chrome while the M8 is blue.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
P7M8 is an awesome accurate pistol. It is oddly shaped and you need to make sure it fits your hand well. Doesn't hold a lot of rounds so it depends what you want to do with it. The plastic guard gets really hot when shooting a lot of rounds at the range. What do you want it for? There are many 9mm self defense pistols that are nice and way cheaper
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I shot my buddies and really like it.  Role would be periodic concealed carry option for myself or my wife.  The combination of its low bore axis, piston, and steel construction really seem to tame recoil.  The trigger is nice, its easy to stay on target, and a pleasure to shoot.

Also considering Styer S9 (low bore axis and good trigger) and not yet released Walther CCP with same fixed barrel / gas system but thumb safety.  

Not sure I want to pay the premium for the paddle thumb mag release on the M8.  Squeeze slide release is also an efficient feature.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:09:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Make sure your wife's hand is big enough. Mine was a fantastic pistol. I just ended up with a Glock 19 as it had double the capacity for less than half the price.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If the extra money spent won't be an issue, buy the P7M8.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 12:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd save the funds and get the P7.

The heel mag release is a pain, but I don't see this as a high volume fire pistol that you need quick mag changes for - it's not for police duty or military use.

Plus, the chrome would be nice as the gun gets dirty being gas operated.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Get the Hard Chromed P7.

Pros:

Heel release is better for deep carry (IMO)
Hardchrome finish will hold up great.  Hk's blueing is paper thin and wears like crazy.
$350 will buy a custom holster, several mags, and a bunch of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]
I wouldn't carry a chrome anything. I have a chrome P7M8 sits in the safe with my M13 and M8 I carry the P7 PSP in black.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Better finish.  Better resale value.
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I like the original P7, I carry mine.  I like the heel release more for carry, also the price was more reasonable for a gun that might be getting holster wear.  I like the original German design, without the "American" improvements
Link Posted: 9/3/2014 10:01:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all.  I'm going to hold off for now for 2 reasons.  Worried one of the Armslist listings might be a scam and second, my wife had a chance to try a buddies last night and was not so keen on it.  Part of the excuse to get one was for her benefit.

Appreciate the comments.  Leaning toward standard P7 (nonM8) if I eventually do move forward given the lower cost and the comments on slightly slimmer profile.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 8:41:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I have both and used each one for CCW for over a decade. Get the M8 over the P7 if you can only have one.
But...

I recently switched out to the Steyr S9A1 for ccw

Its smaller, lighter, holds more and if God Forbid I have to use it...a sub $200* pistol gets held in evidence as opposed to a much more expensive one.

*Cabelas had them on sale for $429. I used a $50 coupon and a $200 giftcard to buy it. So it's a sub $200 pistol to me
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 11:26:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like the original P7, I carry mine.  I like the heel release more for carry, also the price was more reasonable for a gun that might be getting holster wear.  I like the original German design, without the "American" improvements
View Quote

This.  

A P7 is my primary carry gun.   Nice and thin in a Sparks VMII and zero issues with mag release.
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The heel mag release is a pain, but I don't see this as a high volume fire pistol that you need quick mag changes for - it's not for police duty or military use.

View Quote

You know what the "PSP" part in P7 PSP stands for, right?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#15]

INSERT CODE

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

INSERT CODE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Police self loading pistol right

Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:00:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Get the M8.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:37:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Is the P7 original factory chrome?  If so that is a great price.

Really need to know the asking prices vs. the price differecne.

At this point, these guns are first collector pieces.

I would guess the chromed gun is a police trade in that was chromed in the aftermarket.   These are very attractive guns in chrome.

Not sure I have ever seen a factory chromed P7 but who knows.

In the pecking order of things regarding value.

P7 trade in, many do come with box

P7 commercial

P7M police trade in

P7M8 commercial

Then come the special editions, .40s and higher capacity models.

I would be tempted to get the chrome one based on looks.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#18]
I went with an M8 and love it
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top