Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2014 9:57:26 PM EDT
I'm and about to get an hk45c that I was going to put  trij HD sights on. I also planned to get a threaded barrel and run an octane suppressor. Does anyone know if these sights will clear the octane can?

I know I can get the heinie suppressor sights , but I like the picture with the HDs better.
Link Posted: 8/22/2014 11:46:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm and about to get an hk45c that I was going to put  trij HD sights on. I also planned to get a threaded barrel and run an octane suppressor. Does anyone know if these sights will clear the octane can?

I know I can get the heinie suppressor sights , but I like the picture with the HDs better.
View Quote

Just an fyi, you can get an hk45 compact tactical that will come from the factory with a threaded barrel and raised night sights.
Link Posted: 8/23/2014 12:16:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Just an fyi, you can get an hk45 compact tactical that will come from the factory with a threaded barrel and raised night sights.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didnt know the sights were raised on the CT model. I figured I would get a regular HK45c and buy a threaded barrel seperate for a little over the cost of the CT and have a spare barrel.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I've talked to several other people about the hk45ct and all have said the sights are standard height mepro night sights.

Nobody knows for sure if the triji HDS will clear an octane 45 can on the hk45c?
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 3:47:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Almost no sights will clear a supresspor unless they are purpose made supressor sights.

Even the HK supressor sights for the USP just barely clear my AAC Ti-rant.

So, unless they are purpose made to clear, they won't.
Link Posted: 9/2/2014 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither my HK USP Tactical or my HK CT have sights that go over my suppressor....
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 11:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
No need for suppressor sights in my opinion.

As long as you're keeping both eyes open you shouldn't have any problems sighting right through the can.
Link Posted: 9/4/2014 9:22:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

As long as you're keeping both eyes open you shouldn't have any problems sighting right through the can.
View Quote

That doesn't work for cross-eye dominant people like me......

Righty, but left eye dominant.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:24:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why wouldn't it work?  

Shift the gun over so you're aiming with your left eye, just like when you don't have a can.  Keep both eyes open and there you go.
Link Posted: 9/5/2014 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The HDs on my HK45CT BARELY clear my Osprey, so I don't see them clearing you Octane. I've never had any issue using "normal" night sights shooting with the can, but it's the Osprey so YMMV
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 7:55:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm right hand and left eye dominate. I shoot best with both eyes open with my main focus on my target. When you get used to it, the bullets just kinda go where you want.

No need for suppressor sights for target shooting either. If you can line them up, the bullets going to hit where you aim. You cover the target with an HK anyway so if your aiming right, you wouldn't see it anyway unless it was a BIG target.

Also I bought the HK45C and converted it to a CT just recently.

The barrel and night sights cost me almost what I paid for the used HK45C. That said, my local shop has $1060.00 on a new HK45C, $1189.00 on a CT. Much better off to get a whole CT if buying new. My CT barrel was $269.00 from HK Speciality Parts (Gorden Miller) and that was the lowest price I found, in-stock.

Even the Meprolight made factory sights will run you $100~130.00, Trijicon HD's will cost you $160.00 or so.

You would be better off to buy the CT package, buy the HD sights and then sell the factory night sights. Hell, I would buy them for my P30! Used factory night sights sell for around $60~75.00 depending if your smith can get them off without pounding them and jacking them up! If your smith uses a sight press, your good to go!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top