Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 8/17/2014 6:06:54 PM EDT
Where do you get the flush inserts the manual speaks of?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:29:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Where do you get the flush inserts the manual speaks of?
View Quote

Only from HK right now. Call and see if you can order some. hkparts has the part numbers but has no stock yet.

I think all the flush ones you're seeing are people taking off the ones they get and grinding them flush.
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 6:47:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Never even seen a VP9 in person, just out of curisiosity..do they actually get in the way of function/carry or do they just look weird?
Link Posted: 8/17/2014 7:49:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just look weird.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never even seen a VP9 in person, just out of curisiosity..do they actually get in the way of function/carry or do they just look weird?
View Quote

They actually perform their described function pretty damn well. It's just different so it freaks everyone out.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 12:24:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I read here in another thread that a VP9 owner got used to the ears, and became dependent upon them.  Then, when trying to chamber a Glock, his hand slipped off the slide because there were no ears.  He then cut them off his VP9.  That's understandable.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 3:12:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Cant believe hk put em on a pistol, they look ugly and are unnecessary.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 7:59:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I read here in another thread that a VP9 owner got used to the ears, and became dependent upon them.  Then, when trying to chamber a Glock, his hand slipped off the slide because there were no ears.  He then cut them off his VP9.  That's understandable.
View Quote

That seems foolish. They don't do anything new, they just give you additional leverage. You should still grip the slide the same way when you rack it. It just makes it somewhat easier. I think a lot of females who have problems racking the slide will really like them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
My VP9 shipped today

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 2:00:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Just got tracking #s on mine.  Got to shoot one two weeks ago and cant wait
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:24:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The ears are a terrific innovation and improvement in pistol handling. I wish I could retro fit all my hand guns with ears. I have handles on my race guns but those are way too big for carry. With the ears it takes much less hand exertion to pull the slide than squeezing the shit out of the slide to get the slide back.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:53:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The ears are a terrific innovation and improvement in pistol handling. I wish I could retro fit all my hand guns with ears. I have handles on my race guns but those are way too big for carry. With the ears it takes much less hand exertion to pull the slide than squeezing the shit out of the slide to get the slide back.
View Quote

I agree. I've had my VP9 a few weeks now. The wings are a non issue regarding functionality or muscle memory going to another pistol without them. The mag release paddles on the trigger guard ... Now that's another story. I like them but will need to retrain my brain. Guess that means I will need to shoot a few thousand rounds to build that muscle memory!
Link Posted: 8/21/2014 7:11:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I like them.  They make the slide a little grippeir, but they're not so big that they get in the way.  I've not yet attempted to CC this one because I'm lacking a proper holster, but I do not see that they'll cause any problem.

They do have an unusual appearance...probably because I'm not accustomed to seeing them on pistols.  The look is growing on me though.

So essentially...

Does one need them? - No

Might they provides some benefit? - Yes

Do they cause any problems? - No, not that I've been able to ascertain.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top