Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/27/2014 9:19:24 AM EDT
I've got the assembly manual and the part.

I can take apart/rebuild a 1911.  I've detail stripped a Sig P226 frame and slide (old school dual roll pin version).  And I can damn near build an AR in my sleep.

I've gone through the armorers manual and it doesn't appear to be too involved.  Any tricks/fails I should be careful of?

I've done the reading online and most everyone advises that the pistol be sent back to HK.  I can't see how it's any more complicated than a 1911 detail strip.  I know it's no more complicated than the Sig.

What am I in for?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a bit tricky for the sear hammer trigger stuff but I have had it all apart and got it back together and working.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 10:51:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It's easy.  The Match Trigger Kit Installation thread in the Reference Library on  HKPro is good disassemble/reassemble guide.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:06:36 AM EDT
[#3]
It will be surprisingly easy. The hardest part will be aligning the sear pin (I think that is it). So you will need a punch to use as a slave on to help you out. I converted my HK45CT from a LEM to V1 with ambi safety in about 20 minutes the very first time.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#4]
There are plenty of youtube videos you can follow. It's pretty easy.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:04:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It will be surprisingly easy. The hardest part will be aligning the sear pin (I think that is it). So you will need a punch to use as a slave on to help you out. I converted my HK45CT from a LEM to V1 with ambi safety in about 20 minutes the very first time.
View Quote

This.  Just punching out the old strut and staking in the new strut will be a piece 'o cake.  The tricky part is aligning all the internals for the axle.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top