Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/25/2014 4:12:54 PM EDT
Since p7's are not being produced anymore, how's the supply of spare parts for them? If I bought one and wanted to burn lots of rounds through it, am I likely to break something and then be stuck with a paperweight. I love the design and shoot ability but I'd hate worrying about spare parts.

Is this a valid concern or am I being paranoid?
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:15:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No worries. Swap in a recoil spring ever 2K rds if you're truly paranoid. The P7 series are toughly built pistols, IMO.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Remember, you're not going to be able shoot the crap out of it in one range session. 50 rounds will make it hot. 100 rounds and you'll need gloves.

I love mine (P7M8) but take other pistols to alternate and let it cool down.

The original P7 does not have the plastic guard to keep you from touching bare metal. The M8 does. Still gets damn hot.

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#3]
im  about to buy one
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Ok thanks. When buying one are there particular wear areas that help identify a heavily used one? I've shot a couple and they feel and shoot great. Just don't know them like I do other pistols.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 9:27:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ok thanks. When buying one are there particular wear areas that help identify a heavily used one? I've shot a couple and they feel and shoot great. Just don't know them like I do other pistols.
View Quote

Just look to see if the gun has been properly maintained, IMO. If an owner doesn't clean it, then chances are it's not worth buying, IMO. Make sure there's no leading in the bore as well.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 10:09:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I shoot about 100rds when I go out, I don't have a M8. There are parts out there and mags, holsters aren't easy to find but I use a Versa carry and a comp-tac
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top