Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2014 9:48:02 AM EDT
I picked up my HK VP9 on Friday and here is a collection of close up pics of the handgun from various angles, external and internal shots.

Be aware that these are relatively high-resolution extreme close ups, showing details that the human eye would never notice, plus even though I had wiped it down once, the handgun comes from the  German factory slathered in a packing/shipping oil.

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 9:49:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 7/19/2014 12:53:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Great pics . Are the frame/slide rails on the back of the frame steel or are they polymer like on the XDM ?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
They seem to be polymer, but I'd have to take it down again and check to be sure.
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 1:42:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Good pics, OP; thanks.

(Not too shabby for a '14er.)
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They seem to be polymer, but I'd have to take it down again and check to be sure.
View Quote

If it's like the p30 they are metal with a coating
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:48:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Great pics!  Will this pistol be as easy to detail strip as a Glock?
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Hopefully it shoots better than it looks

I'm sure it's a sweet gun but not the most appealing HK if you ask me
Link Posted: 7/19/2014 6:04:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Great pics!  Will this pistol be as easy to detail strip as a Glock?
View Quote

Detail strip? Not sure, doesn't look like it to me.

Link Posted: 7/20/2014 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Very, very nice.  Locking block obviously not MIM like Glock. I really like the idea of the VP9 but not sure if it brings that much more to the table than a G19, and it's a bit closer to a G17 in size. Build quality is a big plus for the VP9, as evidenced by apparent lack of MIM parts. Nonetheless, I really wouldn't mind having one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2014 11:46:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Very, very nice.  Locking block obviously not MIM like Glock. I really like the idea of the VP9 but not sure if it brings that much more to the table than a G19, and it's a bit closer to a G17 in size. Build quality is a big plus for the VP9, as evidenced by apparent lack of MIM parts. Nonetheless, I really wouldn't mind having one.
View Quote

The ergonomics alone bring enough to the table for me.  The G19 finger grooves not positioned well for my hand.  I don't know about the VP9, but the P30 grip is just long enough to be comfortable.  I'm assuming the VP9 will be similar.  I can't wait to get one of these.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 3:39:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

The ergonomics alone bring enough to the table for me.  The G19 finger grooves not positioned well for my hand.  I don't know about the VP9, but the P30 grip is just long enough to be comfortable.  I'm assuming the VP9 will be similar.  I can't wait to get one of these.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It feels pretty close to the p30, same mags after all
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:06:50 AM EDT
[#14]
I have had a VP for years.  The new one is really much nicer.

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 1:12:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Cool, thanks for the detailed pics.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 12:38:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Awesome.

Thanks for taking the time to do this OP.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 7:39:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks, my pleasure. Fun to do.
Link Posted: 8/3/2014 11:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Is the front rail/locking block assembly removable?  Held in with some pins?  Or is it molded into the frame?
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top