Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 7/16/2014 8:22:19 PM EDT
Anyone here have one? Now before I go on I will admit that I'm a nut and very picky when it comes to my guns especially guns that are supposed to be new.
Anyways my question is if you do have one how's the finish on yours when you first got it out of the box? Now the reason I ask is because I had my ffl order one for me and it came right out if the box with a few blemishes and scratches around the muzzle and particularly on the edges of the slide towards the muzzle almost like holster wear, so I told them I would not buy a new gun that looked like that so they then ordered me another one and low and behold it came the same way that the first one came all scratched in the same areas I described above! I would expect that a 1200.00 gun especially coming from hk would not look like this right out the box?!
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow...that is pretty shitty.  One of the best things about HK's is their finish...but if they did away with that in order for a weaker "pretty" one it would be a huge turn off for me as well.  If it was me, I would just get an all black one..or maybe just find one of the factory two toned ones with the standard black slide and a tan or green frame.
Link Posted: 7/16/2014 11:07:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yea originally my intention was to get a od green or tan framed one but then saw one of the lipsey ones in person and well it was love at first sight! I have my fingers crossed that I can find one that dosnt have the finish worn out right out the box.
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:22:40 AM EDT
[#3]
The tan one I got looks perfect on the outside.  Nothing like what you described. Some places on the inside of the slide it looks like the coat is pretty thin but I don't have a problem with it.  

This one has about 400 rounds through it.

Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:32:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Beautiful pistol!

So no run marks on the front end edges of the slide? I guess my ffl got 2 lemons than! Just my luck!!!
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:48:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Beautiful pistol!

So no run marks on the front end edges of the slide? I guess my ffl got 2 lemons than! Just my luck!!!
View Quote

Nope.  No run marks anywhere on the outside.  Only thing that bugs me is that given that it has a threaded barrel it should have come with higher sights.  But Sig does the same thing.  I don't get it...
Link Posted: 7/17/2014 12:51:32 AM EDT
[#6]
That's why I have an fnx tactical nice high suppressor sights.... buuuut these hk's are such good looking pistosl that I can over look the sights ;)
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from Bud's and didn't notice any imperfections.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 11:22:45 PM EDT
[#8]
No finish issues with mine.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top