Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2014 2:10:40 PM EDT
Looks like the VP9 is hitting a LGS near you.  Here is the first one I have seen on Gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=424739479
Link Posted: 6/24/2014 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL @ people paying $850+

Glad to see them out already tho.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 6:48:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Impactguns is taking pre-orders for $599 for the gun w/two mags, and $679 for the gun with nights sights & 3 mags.  

Bidding on GB is up to $910 for  the latter package.  $230 seems quite a premium to be the first kid on the block to own one.  It'll go even higher.

Lol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2014 10:21:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought one Tuesday from Clyde Armory, $619 and received it today.  Haven't shot it yet but initial impressions are outstanding.  Very good trigger, smooth short take up, light crisp break and a tactile reset (not Glock like, think newer M&P like).... I'll report back once I get it to the range.
Link Posted: 7/4/2014 2:42:40 AM EDT
[#4]
I am hoping to get one soon.  I assume these are all 9mm guns.
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 5:30:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

So far HK only announced that they were in 9mm, though i am sure a 40SW varient will be coming soon
Link Posted: 7/5/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
And hopefully a long-slide version
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I want a compact version, personally.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 9:11:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

So far HK only announced that they were in 9mm, though i am sure a 40SW varient will be coming soon
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When picking mine up from my local HK Master dealer today i was informed 40 and 45 are in works as well as a compact version.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:10:14 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm sure this will bring heat down on me, but any word on an "S" version?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 9:53:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And hopefully a long-slide version
View Quote

That's what I want .
Link Posted: 7/18/2014 6:49:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Yes. They are starting to hit lgs.  
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 11:46:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Beautiful!
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:11:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 7/26/2014 11:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I got mine this week at the LGS for $650. I put 400 rounds through it this morning and it runs just as it should. At some point I may be selling Sigs to make room for more VP series pistols as they become available.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 12:29:28 PM EDT
[#15]
I have had mine on order for 6 weeks. I pray it comes soon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2014 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Had it almost a week now. $599.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:19:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Availability still pretty sporadic around my neck of the woods. I'm seeing prices anywhere from 575 to 650.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 7:41:51 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Availability still pretty sporadic around my neck of the woods. I'm seeing prices anywhere from 575 to 650.
View Quote

I sure hope those prices are without night sights.  I paid $749 for mine with factory night sights.

Starting to wonder how much I overpaid...
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#19]
My second one will be here tomorrow.  $599.00.   I paid $629 for my first one because I wanted the be the first cool kid on the block with the new toy.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:27:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Has anyone else bought the version with night sights?
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:36:11 PM EDT
[#21]
No, but i got 1 today for $609 with 10 round mags
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:46:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No, but i got 1 today for $609 with 10 round mags
View Quote

Well then...I suppose I'll enjoy my price raping and move on.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:05:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I sure hope those prices are without night sights.  I paid $749 for mine with factory night sights.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The LE version with 3 mags and night sights retails for $719.95 .
Non LE with 2 mags and night sights retails for $689.95 .
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:35:06 PM EDT
[#24]
I already had p30 mags, so the 10 rounders were no concern, these were the first HK 10 round mags that Ive seen.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:30:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Meh I want a VP45

Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:58:11 PM EDT
[#26]
How does HK to only manage to fit 15 rounds of 9mm in such a large pistol?

Glock/M&P = 17 rounds
Caracal = 18 rounds
XDm = 19 rounds

How's the trigger compare to the P7?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:12:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Glock/M&P = 17 rounds
Caracal = 18 rounds
XDm = 19 rounds
View Quote

I was looking at my P30 mags wondering the same thing, and I think I know why.  On the sides of the magazine there are trenches that run from the top to the bottom of the magazine.  They're pretty deep, and probably reduce capacity a bit.  I couldn't believe that HK would make a wide magazine and have 2 capacity reducing trenches on both sides.  Then I realized that those trenches probably make the magazines feed much, much easier, as the rounds in it are contacting just those small trenches instead of the whole side of the magazine.  That's gotta reduce friction quite a bit.  On top of that, any debris that gets down in there will be less detrimental.  Also, at the top of the magazine, there is the taper.  Every magazine tapers down at the top to reduce the double stack to a single stack, but it seems like the HK mag's taper stretches a longer distance, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to dig another mag out of the safe to check.  But if so, the longer taper distance should make forcing the double stack of rounds into a single stack much eaiser as it's done over a longer distance with a shallower angle, thus further reducing friction.  

These two features will probably extend the life of the magazines, because as the springs weaken, they'll still be able to perform their function with all the reduced friction.  I'd gladly reduce capacity by 2 or 3 rounds if those things are true, and if the sacrifice will ensure more reliability and longevity.

I'm pulling all that out of my ass, so that may all be bullshit, but until someone comes along and tells me differently, I'm going to assume those things are true.  Doing so alleviates the disappointment I feel when I see Glock 17rnd mags are the same size as my P30 15rnd ones.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:05:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I was looking at my P30 mags wondering the same thing, and I think I know why.  On the sides of the magazine there are trenches that run from the top to the bottom of the magazine.  They're pretty deep, and probably reduce capacity a bit.  I couldn't believe that HK would make a wide magazine and have 2 capacity reducing trenches on both sides.  Then I realized that those trenches probably make the magazines feed much, much easier, as the rounds in it are contacting just those small trenches instead of the whole side of the magazine.  That's gotta reduce friction quite a bit.  On top of that, any debris that gets down in there will be less detrimental.  Also, at the top of the magazine, there is the taper.  Every magazine tapers down at the top to reduce the double stack to a single stack, but it seems like the HK mag's taper stretches a longer distance, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to dig another mag out of the safe to check.  But if so, the longer taper distance should make forcing the double stack of rounds into a single stack much easier as it's done over a longer distance with a shallower angle, thus further reducing friction.  

These two features will probably extend the life of the magazines, because as the springs weaken, they'll still be able to perform their function with all the reduced friction.  I'd gladly reduce capacity by 2 or 3 rounds if those things are true, and if the sacrifice will ensure more reliability and longevity.

I'm pulling all that out of my ass, so that may all be bullshit, but until someone comes along and tells me differently, I'm going to assume those things are true.  Doing so alleviates the disappointment I feel when I see Glock 17rnd mags are the same size as my P30 15rnd ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glock/M&P = 17 rounds
Caracal = 18 rounds
XDm = 19 rounds

I was looking at my P30 mags wondering the same thing, and I think I know why.  On the sides of the magazine there are trenches that run from the top to the bottom of the magazine.  They're pretty deep, and probably reduce capacity a bit.  I couldn't believe that HK would make a wide magazine and have 2 capacity reducing trenches on both sides.  Then I realized that those trenches probably make the magazines feed much, much easier, as the rounds in it are contacting just those small trenches instead of the whole side of the magazine.  That's gotta reduce friction quite a bit.  On top of that, any debris that gets down in there will be less detrimental.  Also, at the top of the magazine, there is the taper.  Every magazine tapers down at the top to reduce the double stack to a single stack, but it seems like the HK mag's taper stretches a longer distance, but I'm not sure, and I don't want to dig another mag out of the safe to check.  But if so, the longer taper distance should make forcing the double stack of rounds into a single stack much easier as it's done over a longer distance with a shallower angle, thus further reducing friction.  

Sounds reasonable, except that Glocks and XDm's are very reliable with their 17 and 19 round magazines.  A 15 round 9mm magazine in a full sized pistol just seems outdated to me.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:38:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

By night sights are we talking about hk luminova sights or hk usa installed night sights?
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:38:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

By night sights are we talking about hk luminova sights or hk usa installed night sights?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC they're Trijicon tritium sights...wasn't paying that close attention when I was making a holster for one for a friend...
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:56:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

IIRC they're Trijicon tritium sights...wasn't paying that close attention when I was making a holster for one for a friend...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are Tru Dots...Meps.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meh I want a VP45

View Quote

I'm waiting on the VP9L
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 9:27:59 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Has anyone else bought the version with night sights?
View Quote
They are out there but everyone wants a primo $$ on top of the MSRP.  I have in stock notifications set up at a bunch of places though so I am not worried.  Seems like a repeat of the shield all over again.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2014 6:39:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Meh I want a VP45

View Quote

I'm starting to feel realy +1 about this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 9:22:23 AM EDT
[#35]
LGS finally got several more in. They said they might be in for quite a backorder period after this batch though. I paid $615 for the normal version, which isn't too bad, but I wish they would have had the night version.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh I want a VP45

I'd be more interested in a VP10.
Link Posted: 7/31/2014 4:16:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top