BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Page / 14
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So where do I get the threaded barrel? HK parts shows one but it is not in stock.  Is this pre-order or something?  
View Quote

They show the 13.5 LH in stock. Go with that one, that's the one I got.

There is plenty of debate over which thread is better there is no real clear winner but the LH thread might be better at staying tighter. Plus it's a German gun.

http://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/VP9-9mm-Tactical-Threaded-Barrel-13-5-X1-LH-US-367p16850.htm
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 9:08:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Ordered VP9 from Georgia gun store and good price of 625.00 LE model.  Now looking for a holster and contacted G-Code to check if they offer holster for the pistol.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:43:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Curious on anyone thoughts who have shot both the VP9 with standard sights and LE Mepro night sights!?!?!?

I don't have a need for the night sights but want a good set of sights for standard indoor / outdoor range use.

The LE package will cost me 100 bucks more ... I know thats a good price for getting the extra mag as well, but thinking about getting the standard for now and maybe trijicon later possibly.

Has anyone shot both and can comment on each of the sights?

Thanks so much!
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I have and prefer the night sights. But I know several folks more than happy with the standard lum sights, both on VP9s and P30s
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have and prefer the night sights. But I know several folks more than happy with the standard lum sights, both on VP9s and P30s
View Quote
Are you going to the Freeze Fest in FEB? I'd like to compare the night sights to my luminescent one and see if my POI from my POA drops or rises before I make the switch.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 1:42:04 PM EDT
[#6]
First I've heard about it. Is in in hometown?
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
First I've heard about it. Is in in hometown?
View Quote
Yup.
Link Posted: 10/26/2014 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Curious on anyone thoughts who have shot both the VP9 with standard sights and LE Mepro night sights!?!?!?

I don't have a need for the night sights but want a good set of sights for standard indoor / outdoor range use.

The LE package will cost me 100 bucks more ... I know thats a good price for getting the extra mag as well, but thinking about getting the standard for now and maybe trijicon later possibly.

Thanks so much!
View Quote

Have both. FYI the LE is only $75 bucks more at Georgia Gun Store. Definitely get the LE. Extra mag and mepros. Have the standards on my VP9 and hate them. The dots are huge, too bright in daylight, and while the Novak style looks cool, you can't use the sight to rack the slide. LE without a doubt
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 5:32:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Picking up my LE VP9 today for $640 OTD!

Cant wait!
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Have both. FYI the LE is only $75 bucks more at Georgia Gun Store. Definitely get the LE. Extra mag and mepros. Have the standards on my VP9 and hate them. The dots are huge, too bright in daylight, and while the Novak style looks cool, you can't use the sight to rack the slide. LE without a doubt
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks so much!

I broke down and ordered a regular model

I get to pick it up on Friday, I hope (next time I'll be near the LGS).  Can't wait to join the HK club
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Just picked up my Octane 9 Hd 9 with a 13.5 X 1 LH piston and the compatible HK Parts threaded barrel.

So,  what sights should I get?
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just picked up my Octane 9 Hd 9 with a 13.5 X 1 LH piston and the compatible HK Parts threaded barrel.

View Quote

As far as I know Heinie is the only company putting out raised sights that will fit the VP9. 3960P-Q. They are a straight eight sight.

I went with trijicon bright and tough sights with the yellow rear. These are currently my favorite all around sight. I put them on a few of my pistols. They are very good in bright and dim light.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As far as I know Heinie is the only company putting out raised sights that will fit the VP9. 3960P-Q. They are a straight eight sight.

I went with trijicon bright and tough sights with the yellow rear. These are currently my favorite all around sight. I put them on a few of my pistols. They are very good in bright and dim light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You did this on your suppressor equipped VP9? Your post reads that way.
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 1:57:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I currently have the trijicons on my VP9. I have a threaded barrel but do not have a suppressor yet. I am looking at an osprey which are a little lower than a traditional round suppressor, so I think the standard height sights will be ok.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I currently have the trijicons on my VP9. I have a threaded barrel but do not have a suppressor yet. I am looking at an osprey which are a little lower than a traditional round suppressor, so I think the standard height sights will be ok.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a VP9 with Trijicon HDs and an Osprey. The top of the ights line up almost exactly with the top of the can. They're usable for sure but they aren't higher than the suppressor.

ETA: I can try and snap a photo of the sight picture if anyone wants one
Link Posted: 10/28/2014 2:44:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I have a VP9 with Trijicon HDs and an Osprey. The top of the ights line up almost exactly with the top of the can. They're usable for sure but they aren't higher than the suppressor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes I would like a picture!

If trijicon offered these sights in a raised version that fit the VP9 I would have gotten them instead. I have never used heinie straight eight sights, and I have read lots of good things about them. But I don't think they would be for me, I like a 3 dot sight.
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 4:14:19 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the info ... I'm in CA. so online places won't ship me the LE (not 10rd un-free state compliant) ..... So I have to find this stuff local.

The standard VP9 is $700 no matter WHERE you go in my area ... and others are selling the LE for 800 ... but I did find a local shop selling the LE for $750 and they are riveting the mags down to 10rds. so I don;t have to go through the mess of shipping them out of state, paying to have them modified, buying new 10rd mags etc.

BUT I ordered the damn thing over 2 weeks and and it;s still not in stock yet ... so I am starting to get impatient and I can get the standard a lot easier and  in stock.

But it;s hard to just get a refund on the LE and buy the standard when for $50 more I could have waited and "hopefully" got the LE with the 3rd mag and mepro sights.

I just wanted to know for my basic use of range shooting which most prefer the Standard or Mepro Night Sights ... seems more prefer the night sights.

I just wish they would get the friggin thing in stock already!!!

Quoted:
Picking up my LE VP9 today for $640 OTD!

Cant wait!

Must be nice here in CA. the best deal I can find on the LE was $837 OTD.  :(
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks so much!

I get to pick it up on Friday, I hope (next time I'll be near the LGS).  Can't wait to join the HK club
My LGS let me know today that they managed to get an LE model, and offered to upcharge me to secure it instead.

I'm happy

Link Posted: 10/29/2014 7:23:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Just ordered my threaded barrel today, and then found out 10 minutes later my Octane 45 got approved! WOOT WOOT!
Link Posted: 10/29/2014 10:44:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Just found out my LE is due in tomorrow morning!!!

Bout time after almost 3 weeks wait.
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I picked up a VP9 a few weeks ago and I think it is a very high quality piece. One thing I noticed while looking up reviews on the VP9 was that the Walther PPQ was often referenced alongside it. If I were to take an objective cumulative view of all the material I have covered in the last month of research, the PPQ would beat out the VP9 as the best polymer striker fired 9mm ever made.

So why aren't people raving about the PPQ like they are about the VP9?

I'm tempted to pick one up as almost every gun reviewer that I trust, gives the nod to the PPQ (and the most prevalent reason given is that the trigger is slightly better).

So VP9 owners... What makes the VP9 better than the PPQ? I'm all ears.

View Quote

For myself, the VP9 definitely felt better in the hands and more controllable while shooting. I never liked the back strap options on the PPQ because they were just too thin/sharp and felt odd on the palm. When shooting the PPQ, the recoil seemed sharper and more pronounced for what a 9mm should've been so it didn't track worth a darn for me.

The VP9 may look similar, but the grip feel, finish, and control were completely different. It's just one of those guns that takes very little time to build respect and confidence for. Kind of like what the 1911 did for steel framed .45s, the VP9 became my new standard for any striker fired automatic.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:11:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Just picked up my LE model.  Still on the road, or I would post a picture, but it's damn nice.

Best options for pushing out the grip punch if I don't actually have punches?  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Just picked up my LE model.  Still on the road, or I would post a picture, but it's damn nice.

View Quote
Roll pin punch set, a good investment for a gun owner or smith.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 5:28:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Roll pin punch set, a good investment investment for a gun owner or smith.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roll pin punch set, a good investment investment for a gun owner or smith.

Yup grab some steel punches from walmart of lowes. Youll be changing grip panels and sights in no time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

In jail for 10 days (ya F' California!)

Any cheap set of punches from walmart will work to pop that pin for the grip panels and backstrap?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:39:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

Any cheap set of punches from walmart will work to pop that pin for the grip panels and backstrap?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

Make sure it's a roll pin punch set so you do not mushroom the ends. Or a brass normal set will do too to keep the mushrooming from happening.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Make sure it's a roll pin punch set so you do not mushroom the ends. Or a brass normal set will do too to keep the mushrooming from happening.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

Lowes, Home Depot, or walmart?

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 8:41:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

I'm not much of a Wally World shopper but Lowes or Home Depot will do. Heck Harbor Freight might have some too. I was lazy and used Amazon Prime
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:38:38 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

So make sure they are not FLAT punches right? get the ones with the rounded tips?

Something like these?   http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Roll-Pin-Punch-Set/dp/B003L7HOMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414820651&sr=8-1&keywords=roll+pin+punch+set

Or maybe these? ..... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE9BFO4/ref=pd_luc_top_sim_03_03_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really dont have a need for these punches ... no small screwdriver will do to pop that pin?

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:20:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

So make sure they are not FLAT punches right? get the ones with the rounded tips?

Something like these?   http://www.amazon.com/Grip-Roll-Pin-Punch-Set/dp/B003L7HOMG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1414820651&sr=8-1&keywords=roll+pin+punch+set

Or maybe these? ..... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00DE9BFO4/ref=pd_luc_top_sim_03_03_t_lh?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I really dont have a need for these punches ... no small screwdriver will do to pop that pin?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came in yesterday!

She's a Beut

Yes, the rounded tips and not the flat ones, and no screwdriver can pop them. The first cold link is good to go.

Enjoy your VP9, it's going to be an awesome shooter for you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 1:15:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Just had an LE show up for a customer transfer. I want to like it so much, but for me, HK messed up the placement of the slide stop. It is too far back, and with my usual "thumbs forward" grip, my thumb rides the slide release and keeps the gun from locking back.  I have the same issue with Sigs and FNs. It doesn't happen with Glocks, M&Ps, CZs or 1911's, so I stick with those.

Too bad, as otherwise it seems like a very nice pistol (15rd capacity excepted).
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:12:25 PM EDT
[#32]
It's a perfect position for me, no issues with my thumbs forward. Try tweaking your thumbs.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:05:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Thanks for the info GSL!!! :)
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:15:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's a perfect position for me, no issues with my thumbs forward. Try tweaking your thumbs.
View Quote

Nope. My grip works on the guns I use, no reason to change just to make it work with the VP9, which I won't buy anyway. WAY too much time shooting to break the habit, which is also why my ambi mag releases on my ARs never get used unless I consciously think about using it. (Lefty rifle, righty pistol).
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 6:35:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Nope. My grip works on the guns I use, no reason to change just to make it work with the VP9, which I won't buy anyway. WAY too much time shooting to break the habit, which is also why my ambi mag releases on my ARs never get used unless I consciously think about using it. (Lefty rifle, righty pistol).
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What may work for some people may not work for others. With the introduction of the IBA and then the follow on IOTV, I had to change the way I shot the M16/M4. It was hard for me making the switch from the side stance to squaring yourself up...but old habits can die easily once you try things with an open mind.

I shoot left with rifles and right with pistols too, but I'm not here to change you, just trying to help. It's too bad you can't go to the VP9, what a home run from HK. I have friends dropping their Glocks and M&P's and making the switch and I never had to do any "missionary" work.

Have a good day, sir.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
What may work for some people may not work for others. With the introduction of the IBA and then the follow on IOTV, I had to change the way I shot the M16/M4. It was hard for me making the switch from the side stance to squaring yourself up...but old habits can die easily once you try things with an open mind.

I shoot left with rifles and right with pistols too, but I'm not here to change you, just trying to help. It's too bad you can't go to the VP9, what a home run from HK. I have friends dropping their Glocks and M&P's and making the switch and I never had to do any "missionary" work.

Have a good day, sir.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have a good day, sir.

I did this myself. Sold off my G19 and switched to the VP9 for EDC. Prefer it in every way and shoot better with it too.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#38]
So has anyone run their VP9 suppressed reliably yet?  I'm thinking about picking up another 9mm host and this would fit the bill quite nicely.

There seems to be several threads on hkpro where 147gr don't cycle.  And I don't take the whole "no OEM threaded barrel" as a sign the VP9 was never designed to run suppressed either.  Both the P30 and P30L took some time before OEM threaded barrels were available,
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:10:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So has anyone run their VP9 suppressed reliably yet?  I'm thinking about picking up another 9mm host and this would fit the bill quite nicely.

There seems to be several threads on hkpro where 147gr don't cycle.  And I don't take the whole "no OEM threaded barrel" as a sign the VP9 was never designed to run suppressed either.  Both the P30 and P30L took some time before OEM threaded barrels were available,
View Quote

I have had no problem with 147gr Ameican Eagle with the HK parts threaded bbl and an Octane 9. I am a part of the Walther PPQ Navy fail, so the VP9 functioning flawlessly is a delight and my new favorite non Glock host.
Link Posted: 11/4/2014 10:58:17 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I have had no problem with 147gr Ameican Eagle with the HK parts threaded bbl and an Octane 9. I am a part of the Walther PPQ Navy fail, so the VP9 functioning flawlessly is a delight and my new favorite non Glock host.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Very great to hear.  I'm searching for a striker 9mm host and I'd like to go with a VP9.  I havent been ale to find a reasonably priced or reliable TB for my FNS 9...that and my wife (who I bought it for) has trouble working the stiff recoil spring and doesn't like the aggressive grip.

If you have a chance to try any other 147gr, like freedom munitions or Georgia arms, def pls keep me in the loop!!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#41]
^Update - ended up going with a P30 w/HK factory threaded barrel.  With the rebate and barrel @ $199 I'm out at a lower price than the VP9 & RCM barrel.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 12:53:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I recently received my VP9 LE model, night sights and three magazines.  The pistol was cleaned, lubed and grip size was changed prior to shooting.  This is not a review but an observation of the performance with the limited rounds fired tonight.  I have read other post about issues some are having such as FTF, and some sight alignment resulting in the gun shooting high.  Now I know that issues could relate to operator error, equipment and ammunition but sometimes we wonder should I have waited to buy this pistol until the growing pains were worked out if any?  There has also been many good reviews with some negatives but we all have our opinions about what we like and don't like.  

The pistol arrived looking great with no handling marks or blemishes.  I shot 100 rounds using Speer 147 gr TMJ with all three magazines loading only to 14 rounds in each, just a habit.  Shooting from 10 to 50 yards the weapon shot perfectly with no issues and locking back with each empty magazine.  At 10 and 15 yards the weapon shot were it was aimed and presented nice groupings. I did not measure or take photos since function of the weapon was priority. I mainly have been shooting Glocks for the past 20 years to include, G17, G22, G23 and now the G21.  I have shot Sigs, Beretta M9 and Colt 1911 and have never notice the one negative thing about the VP9.  I did a proper chamber check with the VP9 when it had a loaded magazine and when I released the slide it did not go back into battery.  I tried this numerous times during my shooting and after the chamber check the slide would not go into battery and I had to push it forward.  It reminded me of a brand new Colt 6920 when you do a chamber check and release the charging handle and it does not completely seat.  I will keep an eye on this issue but any new pistol I had never had this issue.

The HK VP9 is a very nice looking weapon and it shoots great but again it was only 100 rounds.

Link Posted: 11/7/2014 2:54:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I recently received my VP9 LE model, night sights and three magazines.  The pistol was cleaned, lubed and grip size was changed prior to shooting.  This is not a review but an observation of the performance with the limited rounds fired tonight.  I have read other post about issues some are having such as FTF, and some sight alignment resulting in the gun shooting high.  Now I know that issues could relate to operator error, equipment and ammunition but sometimes we wonder should I have waited to buy this pistol until the growing pains were worked out if any?  There has also been many good reviews with some negatives but we all have our opinions about what we like and don't like.  

The pistol arrived looking great with no handling marks or blemishes.  I shot 100 rounds using Speer 147 gr TMJ with all three magazines loading only to 14 rounds in each, just a habit.  Shooting from 10 to 50 yards the weapon shot perfectly with no issues and locking back with each empty magazine.  At 10 and 15 yards the weapon shot were it was aimed and presented nice groupings. I did not measure or take photos since function of the weapon was priority. I mainly have been shooting Glocks for the past 20 years to include, G17, G22, G23 and now the G21.  I have shot Sigs, Beretta M9 and Colt 1911 and have never notice the one negative thing about the VP9.  I did a proper chamber check with the VP9 when it had a loaded magazine and when I released the slide it did not go back into battery.  I tried this numerous times during my shooting and after the chamber check the slide would not go into battery and I had to push it forward.  It reminded me of a brand new Colt 6920 when you do a chamber check and release the charging handle and it does not completely seat.  I will keep an eye on this issue but any new pistol I had never had this issue.

The HK VP9 is a very nice looking weapon and it shoots great but again it was only 100 rounds.
http://i.imgur.com/HdUSXDp.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/9m5XhEa.jpg?1
http://i.imgur.com/d3wl5HV.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/2yLGePI.jpg
View Quote

Slide automatically not completely seating forward after chamber checks is normal. HK's have the easiest slides to pull back because of engineering with the recoil spring, in addition to the fact that they are pretty tight guns for a production polymer wonder. Cool pics
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 12:39:17 AM EDT
[#44]
Sorry it took me so long but here's a couple quick pictures I took of the VP9 with an Osprey 45 and Trijicon HDs.

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:49:29 AM EDT
[#45]

Thanks for posting! Looks very usable to me.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 1:56:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

No problem! It definitely is usable. I can occasionally ring steel at 200 yards
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 2:20:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder if Trijicon still has their mil 40 percent discounts going on, you've got me interested in that sight set for my own VP9.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 9:09:50 AM EDT
[#48]

Did you already stipple your grip?  We want more pictures, man!

Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:10:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I got out of the HK family a few years ago and sold my USP9.  I didn't like the blocky grip and was better with the striker fired Glock.  I think the USPs long reset had something to do with this.

Guess what?  After finger fucking a VP9 Wednesday evening I had to bring it home  

What an awesome gun.  

-Best grip I have ever held.

-Best trigger I have been around aside from 1911s.  Way crisper than a Glock, with almost as short of reset.

-Easy accuracy.  I could hit a 10" plate at 50 yards almost once a second, right out of the box.

If you are on the fence about it, go get one!
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 4:51:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Just had an LE show up for a customer transfer. I want to like it so much, but for me, HK messed up the placement of the slide stop. It is too far back, and with my usual "thumbs forward" grip, my thumb rides the slide release and keeps the gun from locking back.  I have the same issue with Sigs and FNs. It doesn't happen with Glocks, M&Ps, CZs or 1911's, so I stick with those.

Too bad, as otherwise it seems like a very nice pistol (15rd capacity excepted).
View Quote

It's not the rear portion of the slide stop that my hands hit, my weak hand hits the forward portion
Page / 14
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top