User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Does the vp9 have a poa= poi sight picture. I really like 6-oclock sight pictures like on a glock. I know dawson makes shorter front sights which would raise the point of impact.
View Quote

POI is behind the front sight dot.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Does the vp9 have a poa= poi sight picture. I really like 6-oclock sight pictures like on a glock. I know dawson makes shorter front sights which would raise the point of impact.
View Quote

Glocks have a 6 o'clock hold?
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 11:58:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

The VP9 has a combat center hold, or modified center hold.  Meaning what you cover with the dot is where the bullet will impact.

Also, I think you're mistaken on the names of sight holds.

Center hold is when the top of the front sight is where bullet impact will be.  Your Glock should shoot using a center hold so if you want to put one in the bullseye you leave the top half of the ring exposed and the bottom half is obscured by the front sight.

6 o'clock is the pumpkin on a post, or lollipop hold.  There is an offset between where the sights are aligned in relation to the target and where bullet impact will be.  This is a common bullseye competition sight picture because distances and target size are known.

1 is 6 o'clock
2 is center
3 is combat center/modified center

The last one is sub-6 o'clock and is really only used in bullseye competition shooting.  This has a gap between the pumpkin and the post.
Page / 14
Next Page Arrow Left
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top