Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 8:03:51 AM EDT
I was thinking about getting an alien gear holster for my P2000SK. They offer a holster for the P2000 but not specifically the SK. Doesn’t it kind of defeat the purpose of the smaller gun if I have the larger holster? Do you think it matters?
I’ve never carried a sub compact before and bought it specifically because of ease of concealment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If it makes any difference, I carry a HK45C just about everywhere in an Aliengear.  Heavier than the P2KSK but still very comfortable.  Will the holster "grip" the SK properly?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:43:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If it makes any difference, I carry a HK45C just about everywhere in an Aliengear.  Heavier than the P2KSK but still very comfortable.  Will the holster "grip" the SK properly?
View Quote

Not sure.  I shot them an email asking them that question.  I believe it will since it's pretty much just a shorter version of the 2000.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 9:34:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I've carried my SK in P30 holsters without any problems.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 1:46:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's an alternative for your consideration:

http://www.shtfgear.com/Holster-by-Make/HK/ACE-1-HK-P2000SK

I use one for an HK45ct and really like it. Best thing I did was add on the lock-loops.

No affiliation just a satisfied customer.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:54:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I use one for an HK45ct and really like it. Best thing I did was add on the lock-loops.

View Quote

I really like it. Ordered one and a mag carrier... Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you get it yet? If so. how do you like it?
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 6:37:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It came in today.  I wwill need to wear it a little bit before I can say for sure but my initial impressions are good!

ETA:
Initial impressions:

Right out of the box I can tell that this is a premium product. It feels well made and solid. The mold of the gun is perfect. When I ordered it I thought there might be a chance that they used a longer mold for the full size and there would just be an extra half inch for the SK. This was not the case. Mold was perfect. Tight and solid. Retention is less than my 1911's Milt Sparks but about what I was expecting and more than enough. I can tell that I will need several weeks of break in before I can really tell how comfortable it will end up being. The holster had a thick piece of hide as the backing. Its not broken in and rigid as hell; EXACTLY as you would expect a new holster to be.  Its going to take some getting used to because this is the first holster I've used in the "tuckable" form factor, nothing wrong just not what I'm used to.

One thing I loved right away was the horizontal mag carrier. Its just about perfect for a sub compact mag. Spare mag is accessible and not obvious at all even if my shirt popped over it briefly.. I have a cheapo carrier for my 1911 and that damn thing was always catching my shirt and holding it from falling back down. Not so with this one. The carrier does have a velcro strap so there is an extra action when going for a fresh mag. I'm not sure how I feel about that but its pretty much par for a horizontal carrier and I think I can live with it.

I've really only had it out of the box an hour or so. After I've had a chance to break it in I will try and do a real write up for you guys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 10:35:33 PM EDT
[#8]
FWIW, Alien Gear now offers a holster specifically for the P2000sk.
Link Posted: 5/6/2014 3:40:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Steel clips? What size belt will they accommodate?

Is it kydex all the way around the gun or half kydex, half leather?
I can't tell from the pics.

I love the comptac c-tac but the clips constantly break and they are expensive from comptac.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top