Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/12/2014 11:09:16 PM EDT

I have one as some of you may know, and its been pretty pimed out,  a long while back I swopped some springs around did some serious polishing and such and just last week sent the internals ( most of them ) down town to be armaloy plated, I should get them back this week and cannot wait to try them out.

are their any new mods out and about for this gun ? or diy type stuff ?  just looking to do more tinkering, have though about going to a v1 plate and ambi safety, also looking to get a trick kydex holster, I have one I made and I like it but  either looking to make another or have one made.

also looking to do some serious reloading as well, and get on the range hard core this summer.

I will post pix up when the internals come back but until then  any questions or comments about the hk45c ? just looking for general chat on the platform
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 3:25:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are frustrated by the inability to mount a Streamlight TLR1, I just recently discovered a way to mount the TLR1 to my Hk45c. By filing down the 1913 mounting block in a manner that allowed it to fit between the battery compartment locking tab and the TLR1 body, the light is able to securely mount on the pistols accessory rail. Not sure if that is of interest to you but that's all I got.

I'm curious to know what mods everyone else has figured for the 45c.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:48:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you are frustrated by the inability to mount a Streamlight TLR1, I just recently discovered a way to mount the TLR1 to my Hk45c. By filing down the 1913 mounting block in a manner that allowed it to fit between the battery compartment locking tab and the TLR1 body, the light is able to securely mount on the pistols accessory rail. Not sure if that is of interest to you but that's all I got.

I'm curious to know what mods everyone else has figured for the 45c.
View Quote

ya I did that mod a long while back, I run the tlr1 hl on my gun
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:22:40 PM EDT
[#3]
What springs did you "swap around"?
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What springs did you "swap around"?
View Quote

trigger spring = usp match trigger spring

hammer =  usp match

trigger modded for usp over travel stop

firing pin block spring swopped for usp match fpbs

all internals polished to a mirro polish, some of the interns the edges and angles where surface round  to square them up and the laser markes where removed, what I mean by this is some of the hk parts are cut on a cnc laser, I removed the cnc lasers burn/cut marks

after the internals where reworked and polished I just sent them our for armoloy plating, so when I get the parts all back I will report on how well or how bad the plating helped the trigger,

spring swops are only half the work, the other work is in the polish  and some is in the grind

all and all before plating it fell night and day compared to my factory gun before the mods, I did these same mods minus the plating to my girl friends p30 and wow  I mean just wow, that p30 is amazing
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 5:28:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I just installed a set of the rubberized talon grips on mine. I find it makes the gun feel much more secure in the hand.
For 17.99 it made sense to at least try.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 7:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just installed a set of the rubberized talon grips on mine. I find it makes the gun feel much more secure in the hand.
For 17.99 it made sense to at least try.
View Quote

I have to post a pic of mine here when the internals come back,   I did a full stipple on mine, its a nice light soft if you will type stipple and to me it was the only option that made sense
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top