Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 4/10/2014 2:16:32 PM EDT
Is there a market for them anymore?

I am thinking about getting rid of mine as I hate "fortay"  I got it when my old agency switched to Glock  As far as I know I'm the only guy it was issued to.   It has some holster wear and scratches I couldn't see until I started looking for them for this post or a possible EE post.   4 13rd mags at least two are LEO marked.  I've got around 200 rounds of duty ammo for it also.    What should I be asking for  it, HK guys?   I'm a SIG fanboy and I don't know anything about HK.  It is full size.   I have no idea the variant on the trigger.   it is DA/SA and can be cocked and locked with the safety up and hammer back like a 1911.   It has sat in my safe for three years.  

Should I put it up on EE for trade?    or sell it?   What is its value and what should I be asking for it?    Is it even up with an MP45 for same # of mags don't really care about the ammo?    

Is the EE easy to work with?    I've never used it.

lay your sage advice on me please
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It seems that all things being the same, a .40 will generally pull just a little less on the market than a 9.  Demand for it is still strong but it has waned in recent years.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:45:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I paid 575 for mine.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#3]
They don't bring much, I'll be generous and offer you $350.  

Kidding, of course.  I traded for one recently and paid/traded about $450 for it.  I already had several .45 USP variants and wanted something with more capacity that wasn't a 9.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I paid 575 for mine.
View Quote

Cool Thank you
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They don't bring much, I'll be generous and offer you $350.  

Kidding, of course.  I traded for one recently and paid/traded about $450 for it.  I already had several .45 USP variants and wanted something with more capacity that wasn't a 9.
View Quote

Thanks for typing up
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Should I just put on the EE as trade then and see what bites?   I prefer FTF  does that usually work well on the EE
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#7]
It would be nice to know what state you live in or do we have to guess???
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 4:25:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It would be nice to know what state you live in or do we have to guess???
View Quote

Ohio
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 5:39:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
They don't bring as much as the 9mm or .45 ACP guns. The mags are even a lot cheaper than the 9mm / .45 ACP mags.

That said, I recently picked one up (because it was cheap and more-or-less as-new condition) and I really like it. I'm not a big .40 fan, either but shooting it through the USP is a joy.
View Quote

I'll agree it is a nice shooting 40.  I don't like 40 though.   If they made a decent 357 SIG conversion I wouldn't be getting rid of it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2014 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Cool Thank you
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I paid 575 for mine.

Cool Thank you

I wasn't as helpful as I hoped.  Yes, I believe there is a market, I would give you $600 for it if you were in my area because I do like the .40.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Is there a market for them anymore?

I am thinking about getting rid of mine as I hate "fortay"  I got it when my old agency switched to Glock  As far as I know I'm the only guy it was issued to.   It has some holster wear and scratches I couldn't see until I started looking for them for this post or a possible EE post.   4 13rd mags at least two are LEO marked.  I've got around 200 rounds of duty ammo for it also.    What should I be asking for  it, HK guys?   I'm a SIG fanboy and I don't know anything about HK.  It is full size.   I have no idea the variant on the trigger.   it is DA/SA and can be cocked and locked with the safety up and hammer back like a 1911.   It has sat in my safe for three years.  

Should I put it up on EE for trade?    or sell it?   What is its value and what should I be asking for it?    Is it even up with an MP45 for same # of mags don't really care about the ammo?    

Is the EE easy to work with?    I've never used it.

lay your sage advice on me please
View Quote
I'm in the market for one now, if you were local to me I'd be willing to trade you my Sig M11 for it!

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top