Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2014 7:50:34 PM EDT
What're you guys using for holsters for non concealed carry? Anything good out there that fits with some form of retention? There doesn't seem to be much a market for these.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Raven Concealment, in their custom department makes holsters that come highly recommended . I'm looking at them for my USP's. I see they have them for the HK45 as well
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 5:06:58 AM EDT
[#2]
The HK45 on my hip in this picture is in a Raven Concealment.  I like it.  The gun just pops into and out of place perfectly.

Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:21:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Do these have any retention mechanisms?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 8:28:25 AM EDT
[#4]
FastIndy out of curiosity want cant did you choose? standard? Minus?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#5]
double
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I got the standard, which is 10° forward.

Quoted:

They don't have retention mechanisms.  Any particular reason you're looking for one?
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Before I went to a HK45 my concealed carry weapon was a fullsize USP in 45acp so I have quite a few holsters for the fullsize USP.All of my USP holsters fit my HK45 like a glove.You would never know they weren't made for a HK45.Here's what I have....

Galco CCR292H
Galco CON292H
Kirkpatrick USP45
CompTac Minotaur
DeSantis 001BAE4Z0

Only the Desantis has any retention---a thumb break--but at least you know you can look at USP fullsize holsters also for your HK45.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

They don't have retention mechanisms.  Any particular reason you're looking for one?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just don't want to risk it falling out when doing any laying down/sliding under cover drills. Also makes it harder for someone to take it from me if I ever end up in a hand to hand situation. Yes I know the later is very unlikely but it still crosses my mind.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:05:20 AM EDT
[#9]
CTD has several thumb break models.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 12:08:16 PM EDT
[#10]
How about this style of OWB holster? Not pushing my leather but this may be a style you may be looking for.

They can be made with or without thumb break.

Link Posted: 4/15/2014 2:16:33 PM EDT
[#11]
The RCS holster is molded in a fashion that the trigger guard area serves as a retention.  It isn't a retention mechanism like a thumb break or hood but it is very unlikely that the pistol will fall out of the holster.  Mine makes a nice solid clicking sound whenever I re-holster.

There was also a post previously that indicates that a Safariland ALS holster for a P30L would work for an HK45.  The ALS holster uses a thumb release mechanism.

Blade Tech also makes a Level 3 holster that uses a thumb break/hood type of retention system.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 6:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
There was also a post previously that indicates that a Safariland ALS holster for a P30L would work for an HK45. The ALS holster uses a thumb release mechanism.
View Quote

I can confirm that HK45 will fit the P30L ALS holster.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Are you looking for something in kydex that also has a level 2 thumbreak or hood long with the normal friction lock retention? We can make that for you at www.halfcockedholsters.com. Feel free to email us if you have any questions at [email protected].
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 8:20:26 AM EDT
[#14]
FYI, Raven Concealment does offer a thumb break snap now.  You have to order it through their custom shop, but they do offer it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2014 4:45:36 AM EDT
[#15]
The Blackhawk Serpa for the P30 fits the HK45 nicely. I use it at the range and it works great.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top