Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 12:45:35 PM EDT
The local Scheel's has a black 01070CQB for $2100.  Should I snag it as I have wanted one for awhile now?

The weird thing is the box says it is Desert Sand color but it is black.  The serial # on the gun and the box match which I find odd.

I am only in town for another hour or two.

Thanks!

Update: I bought it yesterday and found out when I got home last night that the front night sight (that is pinned in place) is dead.  Some moron at Colt used a hammer and punch (there is a giveaway round mark on the side of the sight) to install it and broke the vial...ugh.  Scheel's said that I can return it so I am making the 175 mile round trip this morning to do that and never buying another Colt product again.  This is the second Colt product that I have ever purchased and the second product that needed to be returned to Colt immediately.  Both were due to poor assembly/QC which is frustrating to say the least.
Link Posted: 5/11/2017 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Scheel's let me return it with no issues.  I wound up getting a CZ P-07 that they had taken in on trade and will just keep my Kimber Pro Raptor II that I've had for 10+ years now that has never failed me.  I must have gotten lucky with it as even the safety was much more crisp than on the Colt.

Even the store manager commented on how that was crap on a $2200 handgun when he saw that they used a hammer and punch to drift in the front night sight.  He looked at the production model that they had and it was fine with no marks on the front sight.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top