Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 7/16/2016 12:44:48 PM EDT
Last year, Colt did a small run (I've heard 100 to 130) of Government length Rail Guns. They were black-nitrided stainless steel, with 100% tool-steel parts, 20 LPI checkering done by Pete Single, and a flush-cut and reverse-crowned NM barrel, EGW bushing and recoil spring plug, and Novak thumb safety and sights, all full Custom Shop builds with archive paperwork and test target. I was able to snag one before all the reasonably-priced ones sold. Google the model number "O1070rgz" if you want to see the full spec sheet.

Well, it looks like Colt just released a Commander version of the same pistol. Bud's has the model listed on their website if anybody's interested. There's also one listed on GunBroker for about $250 more the last time that I checked. I already reserved one to go with my Government-length RGZ.

No relation with either Colt or Bud's. I'm just a big fan of these models and wanted to give fellow ARFCOMers a chance to get one while they last.
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:05:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone know where one of these "O1070rgz" models can be found?
Link Posted: 7/29/2016 4:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck finding one of the Government-length O1070RGZ models now. There were only 100 made last year and the vast majority seem to have been sold. Your best bet is to keep checking GunBroker.

ETA: I found two O1070RGZ listings on GunBroker just now by searching for "colt custom rail gun". Both are at least $500 higher than they were selling for last year, but that's supply and demand for you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:21:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the extra cost of this pistol worth it over the currently available Combat Unit Rail gun?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:55:24 AM EDT
[#4]
The Combat Unit is a production line pistol and are fitted/assembled as such. The director of Colt's Custom Shop said this about the O1070RGZ on 1911forum:

These are full custom shop guns. Accuracy is 1" or under at 15yds. Black nitride. Tool steel sear, disconnector, and mag catch. 20lpi checkered front strap with enhanced cut and custom checkered msh to match. There is also only a little over 100 of them being made.
View Quote

Whether or not that's worth the extra cash is up to you. To me, it is. I've compared it to my friend's Ed Brown Special Forces, and while I'd be happy with either, I prefer the RGZ.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top