Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 6/3/2016 7:59:09 PM EDT
the new Colt  10mm Delta Elite announced at the NRA show a couple of weeks ago .  I just received my writer's demo  T&E  gun
Came in earlier today and I snapped off a few pictures of it real quick after firing it a little

https://looserounds.com/2016/06/03/first-look-at-colts-new-delta-elite-10mm/

its dehorned for carry, as most of the features of the old XSE line ( now discontinued)  scalloped under the trigger,  S&A beavertail grip.  etc

Very very nice and crisp trigger and the classic delta triangle in the new grips.

cocking serrations are the new type as used on the M45A1  and it has novak front and rear  and it has the dual recoil springs

you can read and see more on it and read my review in a week or so over at looserounds,com
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 8:50:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful.  Wish they were ramped barrel.  Sadly, won't buy one due to that.
Link Posted: 6/3/2016 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Waiting for the delta gold  cup
Link Posted: 6/4/2016 3:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm sure some on else will be glad to take your spot then
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:31:46 PM EDT
[#4]
DAMMIT.

As if I didn't want a Delta Elite already and have been putting it off, they go and do this.

My wallet...
Link Posted: 6/6/2016 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
When I got my first handgun on my birthday, I got a SIG Scorpion 1911....a delta elite was next to it. I really wanted it but I did not want to spend the extra 600$
Link Posted: 6/7/2016 12:14:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Might have to buy a second Delta Elite.... This one will be for winter carry.  So much for saving $$$.
Link Posted: 6/8/2016 1:53:02 AM EDT
[#7]
finally, the sorely needed upgrades only took about 15 years after every other 1911 mfg had them...
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

finally, the sorely needed upgrades only took about 15 years after every other 1911 mfg had them...
View Quote
....and still no fully supported chamber....

Dang it, Colt!  Wake up!
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 8:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm interested
Link Posted: 6/10/2016 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

What is the purpose of the ramped barrel? I only know about .45 ACP 1911s and what makes those work.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#11]
The ramped barrel offers more chamber support.
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 9:31:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The ramped barrel offers more chamber support.
View Quote

Thanks. I can see how that would be very important with the 10mm cartridge.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 12:13:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Looks like shit compared to the original. cheap 1991 grips with the delta logo shoved in, quick-machined wilson serrations and machining marks all over the gun on the rear.

When the original comes back along with the Mark IV line I'll be impressed.
Link Posted: 6/27/2016 9:28:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah. Definitely a ugly POS ! Or is it ?

I love mine!

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I like everything about it except the two glaring things that ruin the look.

First, the terrible slide serrations.  I personally HATE wide serrations.

What is worse is that damn speed bump safety.  I ripped mine off of my Combat Elite as fast as I could.  Take a great feeling weapon and add a bump safety....you've just undone everything that was good about a great feeling gun.

Mind you, this is NOT unique to Colt.  Nearly everyone ruins 1911s with both of those ugly mods.

Other than those two things.....Colt turns out a really good gun.  ( I have a 2012 Delta that is getting modded into a Combat Elite profile ) ....and there are some true positives about that gun.....the knuckle cut and Novak's are awesome.  General fit and finish are very good.

All in all.....a great gun that you'll enjoy.

Link Posted: 7/24/2016 8:30:01 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm really close to grabbing a CDE, even though I'm not a big 1911 guy, I love the capability of the 10 mm.
Link Posted: 7/25/2016 9:58:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Is that a chip on the right rear of the slide?
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top