Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 5/1/2016 10:32:44 PM EDT
The title says it all but to fill in some details:  It's 98+ condition.   All original, series 70, built in the early 80's.  No box.  Picked it up for $600.00 close to 8 years ago.  

My original plan was to keep it as a safe queen and pass it down.  Now I'm thinking about carrying it and giving it some range time.  If I do so, it will inevitably succumb to wear and tear.  What would you do and reasons why?
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Shoot it, you'll both be happier.
Link Posted: 5/12/2016 4:30:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Combat Govt. Model that I bought new back in '85. I've shot it a zillion times and it NEVER gave me a bit of trouble.
Link Posted: 5/14/2016 9:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
One thing to consider about passing things down, the next person may not have the same desire for the firearm as you and end up shooting it , selling it or letting it rust.

I would shoot it and have fun while your alive.
Link Posted: 5/16/2016 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Your all spot on, gonna use but not abuse
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#5]
its not mint unfired and Colt releasing new 70 series guns put a dent in the value of old ones, shoot it and enjoy.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Shoot it!
Link Posted: 5/29/2016 11:05:27 PM EDT
[#7]
keep it mint for the next guy.  He'll appreciate it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top