Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 4/22/2016 10:52:46 PM EDT
I don't know the official name, but I owned a 1991 Commander and Full Size set of pistols at one time, basic parkerized black, nothing fancy, plain pistol with plastic grips.  

I have one now, a 1991 Compact, but when looking on GB, what name, series do I use?  I really like these pistol...basic pistols.

Link Posted: 4/23/2016 12:06:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Series 80 1991
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 1:05:28 AM EDT
[#2]
https://www.lewhorton.com/exclusives.cfm

Colt dropped these models some years back. They were basic bare bones guns.
The good news is Lew Horton had Colt do a run for them recently.
Go to the link I posted you will see three versions at the bottom.
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 7:25:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Bit more worn now but one of my favorite shooters, eats anything I have fed it. Light trigger job. $400 well spent. Early ones were parked, later then went to blued but without the flat polishing of the higher end models. That was really the only big difference, the final finishing of the exterior.

[/img]
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 11:33:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Search for "Colt 1991A1" and also "ORM".  Those plain jane 1991 Colts are called ORM or "old roll mark" to differentiate them from the NRM (new roll mark) that debuted around 2001.  I too like the basic no frills look of the
Link Posted: 4/23/2016 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#5]
80's series ORM is what you're looking for.  They show up on GB from time to time. This is my Commander my Dad bought me when I was a kid. I sent it to Alchemy Custom Weaponry for some upgrades a while back.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#6]
not black but still pretty basic, cycle through all the pics.  Not a big fan of the old rollmark, a Colt should have a pony somewhere on it...   on my old 1991 picked up in early 90s, I put on some plain black grips that have the pony on them.

http://www.taloinc.com/colt-firearms/colt-stone-grey-defender-45-o7000dz
Link Posted: 6/9/2016 11:02:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Also do a search for "O1991" (that's the letter "O," not a zero).

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top