Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2016 9:30:14 PM EDT
I picked up a Colt 1911, WW1 colt frame with US Property Stampings on it, and a Remington Rand slide. Got it from a local  gun shop for 525.00. I know its a shooter, and not really collectible, but I am just getting into the 1911's and wondered if I did ok for that price? The  finish is worn and almost a light silvery color. It has an adjustable (MMC?) rear sight that I was thinking of removing. Any input appreciated. Don't know how to post pics here . Thanks
Link Posted: 3/9/2016 8:51:29 AM EDT
[#1]
you did good....its either a re-arsenal gun or one that someone slapped together using different parts....regardless the sum of the frame and slide should be worth $500....I would do a little research and try to get it back to original configuration...post up some pics when you can
Link Posted: 3/20/2016 8:51:19 PM EDT
[#2]
If it has a MMC rear sight, the slide may have been milled and a stock rear sight may no longer fit or look right.
Link Posted: 6/17/2016 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Good for you and that is a great price.
i had a friend that had probably a WWII Colt and it rattled like you wouldn't believe.  Shot good still and what was scary it didn't have a serial #..  The friend died and I don't know what happened to it.
He had some kind of an explanation as to why it didn't have a # but I don't know if I could believe it.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top