Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2016 11:34:59 PM EDT
Bought a WC series 70 Government model a couple weeks ago. And spent good money on a Jason Winny owb leather paddle holster. Problem is almost 2 weeks of daily wear. It's still very tight. Can not draw with one hand. And i don't think it's gonna get much looser. I want something secure but something I can draw with one hand. Should i look at kydex? Or something else? What do you full size carry guys use/recommend? I love the leather and it is top quality but it's not getting any better.

Link Posted: 3/4/2016 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll get there eventually.

A trick that has worked for me without using any oil or anything is put the 1911 in a ziploc bag then stuff the whole thing in the holster and leave it for a while. helps loosen it up ever so slightly.
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:02:35 AM EDT
[#2]
first thing you need to do is get rid of that flimsy walmart belt

get a belt designed for CCW

http://www.amazon.com/Reinforced-Looper-1-5-Inch-Square-46-Inch/dp/B00B79431A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457150470&sr=8-1&keywords=blade+tech+looper

once you have something SOLID,  . . . practice your draws, over and over again

also a 1911 should be carried cocked & locked
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 11:52:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Follow the above posters idea wrap in 2 bags to wax paper to help loosen things up a bit.it will work but don't over do it or you will ruin a good holster.the belt thing is good advice too.i think the 2 I have are a company called beltman.

Pete
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
first thing you need to do is get rid of that flimsy walmart belt

get a belt designed for CCW

Yeah that's not a flimsy Walmart belt. Its a full grain leather Jason Winny gun belt. $85. Lol. But thanks for trying to talk to me like a dumb ass. Next.

http://www.amazon.com/Reinforced-Looper-1-5-Inch-Square-46-Inch/dp/B00B79431A/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457150470&sr=8-1&keywords=blade+tech+looper

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31UfAXHLQPL.jpg

once you have something SOLID,  . . . practice your draws, over and over again

also a 1911 should be carried cocked & locked
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 1:22:08 PM EDT
[#5]
take is easy

we are trying to help you

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol...so far one of you have. Did you have some input on the topic? Or you just here to play referee?
Link Posted: 3/5/2016 4:09:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Here is the belt and paddle holster I have direct from Jason's website. Top quality stuff. Not Walmart crap. Not sure where you came up with that idea lol.

Link Posted: 3/5/2016 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#8]
sorry dude, from that second pic, it doesn't look like a gunbelt

like i said before, practice your draws over and over, stabilize  the holster with you left hand until it loosens up

don't put neatsfoot oil or anything on it, that would make it too soft

the web is full of guys who spend big money on a handgun and try to carry it with a cheap belt

...glad to hear you're not one of them  
Link Posted: 3/6/2016 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Its all good. Yeah that's what i have been doing. Using my left hand to hold the holster while I draw. And yes I didn't want to get a cheap belt or holster for a $1200+ gun.

Guess I'll just keep working on it.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Wrap it in several layers of  Saran Wrap then shove into the holster and let it sit for a day or two and try again.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top