Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/21/2015 10:54:23 AM EDT
How many of you would trade a used Sig P229 SCT (.40 S&W, 4 14rd mags, round count:800) for a NIB Colt Rail Gun (Black Cerakote, 01980rg)??

This would be a partial trade, as I've already got $300 down on the CRG and would most def have to kick in some more. This is not my only pistol, but it is my last remaining Sig. I rarely if ever shoot it anymore and it never gets carried. I don't even own a holster for it anymore. I've grown disenchanted with DA/SA. The only thing giving me pause is that it has the legacy slide with the short extractor. On the other hand, I shouldn't be spending more cheddar or accumulating more guns than I have.  

What are your thoughts? For those of you who have traded off guns for others, do you still feel good, or do you kick yourself in the balls?
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I've never once regretted getting rid of a .40
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 11:03:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I still like the round, I have 3 G23's in my carry rotation. Devil's advocate then, fuck the .40, pretend I said it was a 9mm.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes.  The new 2015 Colts are outstanding.  My cerakoated version came with the new M45 rail system.  The pistol is tight, with no movement in the slide, trigger.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 1:54:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, considering a NIB rail gun is ~1000, it is certainly a fair trade, considering it is a used .40sw Sig with just 300 on top.  Regardless of how much someone likes the round, it is really hard to argue that .40sw used firearms generally demand less $ than 9mm, and used Sigs in generally are usually had around the 5-600 range, even if in 9mm.

The RG is a great gun, it has a match barrel, and one of my favorite features on 1911's these days, and undercut trigger guard.  Makes a huge difference for something so seemingly small.  Like one of the previous posters stated, there is essentially two versions, with the "newer" version having essentially a beefier rail.

However, even on their website (http://www.colt.com/Catalog/Pistols/RailGun%C2%AE.aspx) it only shows the stainless version has having the beefier rail.  IDK if that means that they figured only the stainless version needed the beefed up rail, as the Carbon Steel version was strong enough as is, or if they just didn't change the picture for the carbon steel version to match the 2015 production.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 2:08:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The CRG is question has the older style frame and not the M45 frame. After Colt ships out all of the original rail gun frames, all new production will be on the M45 frame. Once the original frame are gone, they are gone forever. This is one of the reasons I want to snap up that CRG. I don't want to deal with trying to find holsters for the M45 and I don't need the extra beef.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#6]
All the colt rail guns are stainless there is no true blue version just a blackened stainless version my understanding is they will phase in the m45 frame in all production
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 9:43:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
All the colt rail guns are stainless there is no true blue version just a blackened stainless version my understanding is they will phase in the m45 frame in all production
View Quote

Interesting, I never noticed that.

Upon looking at the specs on the link I posted, you are 100% correct.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 4:13:49 PM EDT
[#8]
All day long.
Link Posted: 8/22/2015 10:27:33 PM EDT
[#9]
CRG > used .40 P229.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 2:28:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Anything to dump a .40
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 7:18:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never once regretted getting rid of a .40
View Quote

This. Trade it.

ETA: Even if it were 9mm I say trade.
Link Posted: 8/25/2015 10:27:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Thanks for the push guys. Headed to the LGS.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top