Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 8/15/2015 5:06:06 PM EDT
Guys,

Most of you are aware; But I wanted to put this out there again for some of you that were maybe considering it.

I have a Colt XSE Railgun that I absolutely LOVE.   Had some trigger work done to it from Ed Vandenburg (awesome job).

Then I went and bought an AAC Tirant in 45,  you know where this is going ,,,  anyway I bought a Threaded barrel and Hienie Suppressor height sights and dropped it off at Eds.

He calls me and tells me that the Front Sight notch in the COLT is NOT a Novak cut sight ...

So I call Hienie and they said yeah Colts front sight isnt sorry....  Now Ed has to find a way to make it fit.   Ed is an excellent Smith so heres to hopeing.

Any way short story the front sight notch on the Colt XSE is not a novak cut so when choosing new front sights make sure they are compatible.

Frog.

Link Posted: 8/28/2015 2:35:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Could always have it cut for novaks and avoid this issue in the future.. Mine is, I specified it when I ordered it .
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I was lucky and Novak made one for mine, though not a typical off the shelf item. I bet you could contact them and they might have one that's high enough to clear the suppressor.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top