Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 6/27/2015 10:49:52 AM EDT
Had to send a new 1911 back to Colt for a slide play issue.  Colt resolved the issue in one trip (Fit was out of spec).  

Shipping, repair and return took under 3 weeks.  Colt covered the freight both ways.

Great job!
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 11:01:53 AM EDT
[#1]
My father has sent colt two guns for minor issues, a trooper and detective special, both repaired promptly and cheaply. Wouldn't send a colt anywhere else but factory.
Link Posted: 6/27/2015 7:34:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I sent a Colt Python to Colt for repair about five years ago. The problem was that the cylinder was binding and locking up, kind of like when the extractor rod is loose.

They quoted me $75.00 to clean and adjust the gun to factory specs, I gave them the go ahead and received the gun back very shortly.  Same problem... NOT fixed!  

Link Posted: 6/28/2015 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I sent a Colt Python to Colt for repair about five years ago. The problem was that the cylinder was binding and locking up, kind of like when the extractor rod is loose.

They quoted me $75.00 to clean and adjust the gun to factory specs, I gave them the go ahead and received the gun back very shortly.  Same problem... NOT fixed!  

View Quote

I had problems with a DS about 10 years back. I would probably put their DA revolvers in a different category from their autos.
Link Posted: 6/28/2015 11:15:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Huh, I sent a Python back about the same time for a barrel over indexed.  They fixed it and sent it back and replaced the front sight.  I paid for the front sight.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 6:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I had problems with a DS about 10 years back. I would probably put their DA revolvers in a different category from their autos.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think that it's just the luck of the draw... Kind of like auto technicians, plumbers, electricians, etc. You get good and bad in every occupation. Maybe they get paid flat rate, the more completed jobs, the more money!

Link Posted: 6/29/2015 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hopefully you contacted Colt and they resolved the issue.

I had a problem with Sig - as you had with Colt, but after the second time Sig fixed the issue.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 7:16:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had a problem with Sig - as you had with Colt, but after the second time Sig fixed the issue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope... I sold it to a friend of mine that is a Python collector... He was aware of the problem and I gave him a good deal on it. I actually lost money on it.  
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Nope... I sold it to a friend of mine that is a Python collector... He was aware of the problem and I gave him a good deal on it. I actually lost money on it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top